8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone...I've been lurking on this forum for a little while now...this is my first post. Just got an '08 Fiji Blue Si Sedan yesterday! This is my second car, first car I ever bought myself, and first new car. My previous car was a '98 Camry...so the Si is a slight upgrade!

But...I mountain bike a lot, so I need to find a way to haul my bike around. I know I can get it in the trunk...but I want to avoid doing that as much as possible. Every time you take it in and out you risk scratching up the paint...not to mention all of the dirt and mud that makes it's way into the car.

I think I've decided on going w/a hitch mounted rack. Anyone else here have a hitch on their car? I want one that's as tucked away as possible. Know where I can find one at a good price?

Any other suggestions? Thanks for any info!

The pics are the two nicest and most fun things I own...

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
So far we had a 1.25" Hidden Hitch installed on it, and last night bought a 'Swagman Cross Country 'XC' 2 Bike 1.25" Receiver' from MEC. (Before that I was using an old top tube mount style rack that a friend gave me.)

Pics of the Hidden Hitch on a Coupe (2 door).
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum - View Single Post - hitch possibility?

Pics of the Hidden Hitch on a Sedan (4 door).

Pics of a Sedan (4 door) with a top tube style bike rack.

Pic of the Swagman 1.25" receiver rack (it isn't shown on the Swagman site for some reason).
http://www.bikerackshops.com/SG64625.html

The Thule/Yakima/Saris racks are probably higher quality than the Swagman, but they are also 3 times the cost up here in Canada.

Rear View

Side View

Trunk Open, with only 1 bike it would open without problem.
Might also be able to shift inner bike to clear.
You can still access the trunk to get stuff as is.

Folded.

Removed for Storage.

I think I'll have to get a licence plate holder to mount to the rack as it really hides it, I know the police in the Vancouver area have been handing out tickets for bike racks that hide plates.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
roof rack is super mad uber tyte jdm yo!!

no but seriously, it looks good. do it! :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had though about a roof rack...but I couldn't really find any that were low profile. And, ultimately, the hitch mount rack is safer for the paint on the car!

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Kyler, I have a Yakima viper roof rack setup Id sell ya for a good price. It has 2 sleds the bars and a wind faring (one has a broken lock, that can be replaced, I did it myself forgot my keys before a race doh). You would need a new set of tower pads and Q clips. PM if your interested. I can take some pics.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Curt hitch came in last night. Haven't had a chance to install it yet though, it rained/sleeted all evening. Hopefully I can get it on tonight...I'll post up some pics once it's on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how much whp does that mountain bike have?

Hm...a little over 1

I remember a few years ago Sport Compact Car was doing a dyno test on some car (I think it was when they where testing the AEM bypass valve on an AEM employee's NSX...might be wrong on that though) and they had a bike laying around the shop and decided to "run" it on the dyno...the most anyone could put down was 1.2hp, and I don't remember the torque.

Kinda puts things into perspective huh? lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.