8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New State of Florida Regulations Regarding Cell phone Usage and other driving matters
>These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of Florida:
>· As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.
>· Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
>· Carpool lane - 1st time $1,068.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old).. Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
>· Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
>· Driving on the shoulder - $450.
>· Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
>· Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
>DUI (Driving under Influence=JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

·
Banned
971 Posts
CivicKid19 said:
New State of Florida Regulations Regarding Cell phone Usage and other driving matters
>· As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.
>· Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
>· Carpool lane - 1st time $1,068.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old).. Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
>· Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
>· Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
>DUI (Driving under Influence=JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
where didyou find this ???

·
Registered
212 Posts
CivicKid19 said:
I saw this exact quote on a bulletin in myspace...seems this information is coming out of miami only. Wheres the source? Is this heresay?

·
Registered
811 Posts
CivicKid19 said:
:SHOCKED: Crap, I got one of those a few years ago. Only cost like $75. Man how times have changed. :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
DUI is jail now wow, I have 3 friends who have gotten dui's in the past but never jail time. Just suspended licenses ect... Damn i hate using hands free, I feel like some kind of extra on star-trek with that crap. 1000$ for carpool lane is just rediculous, post a link for all this new information pls.

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
Ok I think the fines are alittle high, but other than that I am pretty happy to see these. Hopefully they enforce them. I wish they had the handsfree law here. I can't count how many times I've had to swerve to miss people who weren't paying attention and on their cell phone. also the 3 mph over is ridiculous. I know most police officers don't start pulling over until 10 or so mph over the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
wow those are pretty steep fines... i just got one of those incorrect lane change tickets a month or two ago and it was like $180... im glad about these laws being enforced... i just hope i don't get any... haha

·
Registered
281 Posts
ok, i have a radar detector. last l\night i was out for only 1/2 hr and past 2 parked cops (both scanning), 3 sherifs (followed one, another followed me, and passed #3 going opposite driction), and 3 cops going opposite direction (2 scanning). during the scanning i was goin 10mph over and quickly dropped to 5 over before being noticed and cops following/passing were easly doing 5+ over (5 was most when following until deciding to pass).

as for lane changes and hands free, ill use my signals and earpiece when they do.

so yes, i too call PARTIAL bs onthis matter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.