8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a little bit of research but I cannot find a for sure answer. I have one key for my 2008 Si. It is an immobilizer style car/key so just a normal key won't work without the immobilizer chip in the key. Is my only option to go to the dealership for an additional key to be made?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
42 Posts
I've done a little bit of research but I cannot find a for sure answer. I have one key for my 2008 Si. It is an immobilizer style car/key so just a normal key won't work without the immobilizer chip in the key. Is my only option to go to the dealership for an additional key to be made?
I purchased replacement keys off of Amazon and there was a link to a library on how to program keys for all different makes and models. It said only option would be the dealer for programming new keys. Maybe a locksmith as well. I have not made new keys yet...

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's very hard to program the key without going to the dealership to let them program it. It costed $120 to program it at my dealer.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
42 Posts
It's very hard to program the key without going to the dealership to let them program it. It costed $120 to program it at my dealer.
I'll be needing to do this to the 2 keys I purchased off Amazon. Hopefully they don't charge that much though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts