8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any new options for intakes coming up? will we ever see a mugen intake in the states?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
So far, the best option I've seen is X's intake. Exerybody has high hopes about the Password JDM carbon fiber "lung" that's supposed to come out, but that's going to be over $300, then you still have to buy their battery relocation kit (and battery) to get the intake to fit. In the end you have a $500+ intake. Or you can get X's for $300, and have proven HP, and TQ gains, as well as regaining power in the lower rpm range (which I lack due to my Fujita SRI). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets leave discussion of current intakes out of here, just information on upcoming intakes

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
This should be a pretty short thread then.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so no one knows anything about future intakes? companies are done making intakes for our car 2 years after it came out? i doubt it.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
This should be a pretty short thread then.
:yeahthat:

lol, ive heard talks of Comptech having some r&d taking place on their intakes but nothing really substantial. and like the above poster said that password is working on one, but it looks like an organ. and im sure if anything mugen gets released its going to be insanely expensive and probably not worth it just for an intake. so with that being said i think the thread pretty much ends here....haha, jk but seriously i havent heard anything more about new intakes.

x ftw!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts