8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Hate to bring back from the dead, but one my distributors got some of these.
I can offer them at better than Ebay pricing. PM me for details!!

Looks pretty sweet for the non-si owners!!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
1st Dont buy that

2nd. Alot of R18 including myself is having issue with after market intakes, AEM ,K&N, etc...we experience randow drop in RPM when coming to a stop, and sometime the car would shut down coming to a stop.

if u were u just stay stock...

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
1st Dont buy that

2nd. Alot of R18 including myself is having issue with after market intakes, AEM ,K&N, etc...we experience randow drop in RPM when coming to a stop, and sometime the car would shut down coming to a stop.

Not sure how many times that has happened... as I haven't heard that before.
However, I've had an Injen for about a year and a half now and no problems from day one. In fact, it's one of my favourite mods and I'd do it again.

The only problems I have heard have been regarding AEM and the CEL issue, but nothing with the drop in RPM or shutting down.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
interesting. thanks for that

however, after reading quickly through some of the posts, it seems that it could be a number of problems that are unrelated to the CAI/SRI itself.
- not resetting the ECU
- dirty tubes
- bad install
plus, it has only happened to a select few, by few I mean a very small minority of the r18's. It's too bad nobody replied and updated the thread to see if resetting the ECU fixed the problem. But, I assume that since no one bumped it, it must have worked.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1st Dont buy that

i have an k&n intake for my r18 no problems so far with it ive had it for a little over a year i also have an auto.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
yya i have Fujita SRI on my R18 and i am one having this problem.. so as i am typing this my battery(neg) is unplugged resetting. when i get up tomorrow i will see how well she does...

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:SHOCKED:OMG.....$240 for that thing....LOL....in my opinion, that thing just looks plain cheap...

I went to a local k&n dealer 2 minutes from my house and they said they would sell me the k&n typhoon sri for $247 plus tax and it would get here in 1-2 days.

lucky you i bought mine for 300 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts