8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just got an 08 Fiji blue si sedan. Looks so nice. I noticed that other than the new shift boot, the new shift light is red and a little bit bigger than the yellow one in my 07. Just wondering but do all the honda's paint on all the colors fade? My black one is starting to fade a little. Just wondering so I can give some tips to my friend to keep his FBP looking fresh. Pics available tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I have an 06 and my shift light is red. Can someone else confirm this? (I'm walking out to my car to take a break, I'll let you know when I return...)

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
red in my 07 TW FA5. Btw...what's the purpose of the little red light by the sunroof. I know it points down at the shifter. Is it suppose to help you see the stick at night? It's not that bright and red light isn't good at night...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
rmfa said:
I have an 06 and my shift light is red. Can someone else confirm this? (I'm walking out to my car to take a break, I'll let you know when I return...)
Yup, its red flashing until 7500RPM when it goes solid red.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
GETxERxDONE said:
yeah its a courtesy light, lets you see cupholders and things. the blue in my EX is bright enough at night to see the whole center of the car of course i do have 15% tint
Try reading the thread. We are talking about a SHIFT light. Your car doesn't have it. What you explained is the ambient cabin lighting. :coffee:

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
nayilsi said:
huh???

it starts blinking at around 7500...and stays on (solid red) at 8k.....
It's true. If it ''blinked until 7500'' it kinda sounds like it blinks from 0k - 75000k. It starts at 7.5...i would know since 07 Si SEDANS HAVE THEM!

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
MRK20 said:
It's true. If it ''blinked until 7500'' it kinda sounds like it blinks from 0k - 75000k. It starts at 7.5...i would know since 07 Si SEDANS HAVE THEM!

i know that lol....

i was trying to correct the other dude.

BTW... ALL SIs have RED.

THE OP May See orange due to manufacturing fault.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ahh never mind...just tried it...its red...my fault guys..i was always busy looking at the rpms and guess i got my colors mixed up xI...but anyways back to paint question...is anybody else's car fading? Im starting to lose the little blue sparkles in my NHPB...question is anybody's fiji blue fading?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'm probably going insane, but I could have sworn my shift light blinks yellow at like 7500rpm and then goes solid red above 8,000. I'm probably just crazy though but for some reason that's what I remember.

I'll check tomorrow on my way to work. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts