8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally gotten some HIR's put into my civic after all I've heard about them. I shaved down the base with scissors and nail clippers...annoying!!! I went through my fenders on both sides. I used a tack remover like the sticky post for HID's to remove the fender tabs. Overall, HIR's do improve visuals at night...here's a few pics of comparison shots.

Here's stock:

Here's stock on left, HIR on right:

Here's both HIR's:

Enjoy!
Gerald

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never had HID's, sorry! But I hear HIR's aren't as bright as HID's...HIR's look more stockish color. HIR's make like 1800-1900 lumens vs. like more than twice that for HID's.

I went with HIR's because I just didn't want to hassel with problems for HID's.

Eventually saving up for Retro's though in the future.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
g1sk8terz said:
I never had HID's, sorry! But I hear HIR's aren't as bright as HID's...HIR's look more stockish color. HIR's make like 1800-1900 lumens vs. like more than twice that for HID's.

I went with HIR's because I just didn't want to hassel with problems for HID's.

Eventually saving up for Retro's though in the future.
don't sweat it,
most people with 8000K have the same lumens as the HIR's but then again you got all the lumens to be used fully to a purpose whereas a pnp kit will go everywhere.
6,000K is abit on the edge as they have no more than 2400-2600 lumens.
85122+ has 3400 lumens and it's only rated at 4,200K
But if you wanna see what a true hid bulb is and its color:

4,100K D2R setup on the civic(pnp kit but instead of rebased D2s, I put rebased D2R putting 2600 lumens)

Same spot but now with tsx projectors and 85122+ bulbs rated at 3,400 lumens:

But I love HIR's.
if i didn't have enough money then i'd def go for the hir as they're my favorite.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
hir's are pretty nice

i didn't notice a huge difference initially, but my friend was driving along side me in his 07. Later he asked why my lights were brighter lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
allancold42 said:
how do u fix the aim...
There's a hole on both sides when you open up the hood. They're, respectively, next to the drl's. When you open up the hood, you'll find holes and a picture of a double sided arrow...and you put a long flat head screwdriver in the hold and twist left or right to adjust aim.

Gerald

·
Registered
275 Posts
did you get hid high eam too? they're suppose to put 116% more ouput versus 76% more for low beams.

I'll show pictures of normal high beam versus hir when i'll get my retro back

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
suave2978 said:
did you get hid high eam too? they're suppose to put 116% more ouput versus 76% more for low beams.

I'll show pictures of normal high beam versus hir when i'll get my retro back
No I didn't get em for high's, only lows. Although, I'd like to see comparisons for the high's! Does the DRL's look different with HIR high's?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
go to John Deere's website (google it)...then go to parts and it's part #AH211917. I picked it up at my local JD dealer.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
uhg, its more expensive to get those from John deer than to get them from that guy on the web... bah....i wonder if Lowes carrys them, hmmmmm that would be pretty nice, 10% off for me :-D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts