8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am new here. I bought my 06 Civic SI a few days ago. I am a car enthusiast (i.e. I like both Import and Domestic cars), and I'm not a fan of "rice" i.e. over the top body kits, and things like that.

I love my new car, it drives so much different than my old car (1995 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L), the FWD is nice in that you don't have to worry about losing traction as much. I definitely miss the rumble of my old V8, and the civic doesn't throw you into the seat, but if you watch the speedo, it actually accelerates just as fast, if not faster than the Stanger...launching is a lot easier also.

Anyways, I'll throw in some pictures of my car. I bought the Alabaster Silver model, wasn't my first choice, but it is growing on me. I am the only young person in my city with this car which is nice ^_^;;.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the forums! The car looks pretty solid so far, and I can definitely believe you when you say it handles a little differently than the Mustang. Hope you keep on enjoying it. :)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
beautiful car you got there. Welcome to the site. Do you have any plans to do any type of modifications to the car?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well, my plans aren't too major because I don't want to void the warranty (I opted for the 6 year/100,000km warranty). I bought a police radar, and I'm getting an alarm installed on wednesday. Then after that I want to get the windows tinted (1 step down from limo tint in the back, and like 50 or whatever it is called in the front side windows), new rims and tires (lightweight gunmetal 5 or 6 spoke rims...unsure what kind I want yet, and for tires I'm having trouble deciding between Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, or some high end yokohama or pirelli's), the aem cai (prolly order it off this site), and then some sort of sub and amp (the stock sub doesn't do it for me...). I would like to do HID headlights, but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Those PS2's are just as good as the Yoko's and Pirelli's. Only difference is, they're a helluva lot cheaper.

Welcome to the site. The whip looks good. :rockwoot: :thumb:

·
Registered
306 Posts
welcome! you are just an hour or two up the highway.

My alibaster silver metallic Si is expected March 20-28th. I'm getting excited.

We definitely should have some island meets eh..

When did you deposit / pick it up? How was dealing with Nanaimo honda (I assume). Any thoughts on your car now that you've driven it significantly?

One thing I want to do right away is put in an alarm system (compustar) and a keyless remote trunk release actuator..

let me know if you'll be in Victoria some time!
Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah...Less than 2 hours away :D...

And yes, there should be some island meets. I actually lucked out. I picked this car up off of the Honda City lot in Victoria...no deposits or anything. I went down to Vic to go shopping (Athletes World), and I forgot that the mall closed early (tuesday), so I went to look at cars after. I was planning on buying a 2005 RSX Type S off a friend in Vancouver, but after test driving one it only left a feeling of "meh"...So I went to Honda to see if they had an 06 Si, and I was expecting them to tell me no, but they were like "we just got one...went on sale yesterday", so I took it for a test drive, fell in love with it, and bought it the next day (required another road trip ^_^;;).

After driving the car for a while, I agree with others that the stock tires are pretty crappy...They are fine for normal driving, but for "spirited" driving they are less than adequate. Otherwise, it is an absolute dream. The shifter is great, I'm used to the clutch now, the steering wheel is awesome, and the car is super responsive.

I am getting a black widow alarm system. I won't have remote start, or power trunk, but it will have two way paging, keyless entry, and stuff like that. I will probably put the regular key in a safe spot, and just use the valet key after I get the alarm in place...

And yeah, if I road trip up to Vic any time soon I'll drop you a PM.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mikagami said:
Yeah...Less than 2 hours away :D...

And yes, there should be some island meets. I actually lucked out. I picked this car up off of the Honda City lot in Victoria...no deposits or anything. I went down to Vic to go shopping (Athletes World), and I forgot that the mall closed early (tuesday), so I went to look at cars after. I was planning on buying a 2005 RSX Type S off a friend in Vancouver, but after test driving one it only left a feeling of "meh"...So I went to Honda to see if they had an 06 Si, and I was expecting them to tell me no, but they were like "we just got one...went on sale yesterday", so I took it for a test drive, fell in love with it, and bought it the next day (required another road trip ^_^;;).

After driving the car for a while, I agree with others that the stock tires are pretty crappy...They are fine for normal driving, but for "spirited" driving they are less than adequate. Otherwise, it is an absolute dream. The shifter is great, I'm used to the clutch now, the steering wheel is awesome, and the car is super responsive.

I am getting a black widow alarm system. I won't have remote start, or power trunk, but it will have two way paging, keyless entry, and stuff like that. I will probably put the regular key in a safe spot, and just use the valet key after I get the alarm in place...

And yeah, if I road trip up to Vic any time soon I'll drop you a PM.
Oh you're kidding, I drove your Si! Great car. What did they manage to do for you in terms of the discount?

I have only seen one other Si here from Honda City, the brick red colour.

Cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They gave me like $800 below the MSRP. That is too funny :p...

As far as Si's go in Nanaimo, the Nanaimo Honda has only sold 1, and, as far as I know, I'm the only other Si in town...Also, an old guy drives the other Si, so I'm the only young person with one in Nanaimo :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not my choice either color that is

I do like the silver but have a 98 civic with same color. I wanted the blue but the dealer told me that I would have wait six months for my order. Went by another dealer they had a black Si waiting on me. Honda guys act like they are dealing in gold and their attitudes reflect that. I will NEVER trade or do business with the Honda dealer in Decatur Illinois ever again. I traded in my 05 Odessey for the Si. Wife did not like it but I told her to trade in her Blazer in and get what she wants. Now she loves the sports car feel and SPEED that the Si has.Thus far have put on a full bra and the door guards,
anyone out there that can recommend a good after market performance parts site and items to make the Si look even better? Due to the areas I work around I can't go with the ground effects package. I work at different power plants and roads get too bumpy.
Really looking forward to the new 8th civic website.

Take care,
Safety Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts