8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just became the proud new owner of a 09 CSX Base!
I have browsed many threads on this forum and am a little confused about some answers to some modding questions, I realize there are some fitment issues with the KZ20Z2 for SRI, etc, etc.. I know there are threads about these things, but rather than spending a bunch of time skimming through and not finding exact answers I am hoping someone can just give me a straight answer about the following:

Here is what I want to do, just looking for a point to a vendor (if there is one) and if it fits.

SRI - Thinking Simota, any suggestions on model that will fit and not throw CEL (I am aware that disconnecting battery will remedy most CEL issues :D)

Headers - T1R? Suggestions?

Coilovers - T1R? Suggestions?

Mugen RR Replica Lip Kit (full front/side/rear) - Good source? So many to choose from...want high quality/fit...willing to pay for it.

Hondata Tune - Worth it for this motor?

That's it! I realize these have probably been addressed elsewhere, just looking to get all my answers in one shot. Be gentle :D

Also I live in kitchener and no nothing about installing any of this so I need a reputable shop in the GTA that can do the install, or in kitchener waterloo if anyone knows a good spot.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey there I'm from Waterloo as well! Haha and I have a 2010 type s maybe we could meet up sometime hahaha

From what I have read, intakes made for R18/K20z3 are not direct fit to z2 engines. Not sure about headers...
For coilovers it really depends on what you want and your budget. Suspension components are all compatible so you might wanna do some research on this.

Since you have a 2009, there are no front lips available and your best bet is to change your whole front bumper. Sideskirts/ rear bumper or rear ip you can probably go for Mugen...kplayground carries these and fitment was around 95% back when I was rocking their ctr rear bumper.

Any questions just ask! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Found the following article about K20Z2 with turbo and other mods can reach 240WHP and massive torque. I have a 10 CSX base as well. After searching many sites, I think more source to modify this engine is available in Asia as they don't have SI and K20Z2 is the top of the line on Civic in many Asia countries. There's Simota intake specifically for our car and it will not throw CEL.

Honda Civic FD K20 Turbo Install by Speedlab | CustomPinoyRides.com - Pinoy Pride In Our Rides!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts