8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, recently traded in my VW 1.8T GTI and purchased the new 09' SI. :dancingcoolsmiley:
It has been a very enjoyable car thus far, and have yet to break it in, but as soon as I do I plan to begin modding asap!
Of course the first mods I plan to do to this car would be RH/HFC of which I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Vibrant, and also attaching the cat-back at the same time. I've been reading a lot about differet combos you can use, mainly I'm worried about...
1. Car being too loud (i hate obnoxious)
2. Fitment issues between the RH/HFC into the cat-back
3. Just getting a clean deep/mellow sound.
As for the cat-back I've looked into the Vibrant, Greddy Ti-C, Greddy Evo2, Apexi WS2 and the Apexi N1.
Are there any of you in the area that have this combo that would take the time to let me see/hear it in person? Or any other set-ups that you would be willing to let me take a look at?

I am also always open to suggestions, what would be good/better/best for my new lady.

Thanks in advance

_vince

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
:wavey:

First off welcome to the 8th.

Secondly, any after aftermarket header will drastically make your car louder, however the obnoxiousness comes from the cat back that you choose.

I have a vibrant cat-back and my god it is amazing. Deep, throaty, quiet when you want it to be, loud when you want it to be.

Evo 2 is loud
Apexi is f\/cking loud

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:wavey:

First off welcome to the 8th.

Secondly, any after aftermarket header will drastically make your car louder, however the obnoxiousness comes from the cat back that you choose.

I have a vibrant cat-back and my god it is amazing. Deep, throaty, quiet when you want it to be, loud when you want it to be.

Evo 2 is loud
Apexi is f\/cking loud
You know about 5 minutes before I read this post, with all the research and videos I've seen. I actually decided to do the Vibrant RH/HFC with the Vibrant cat-back combo. Sounds clean as ****, looks nice and "almost" stock and from the dynos I've seen it actually performs pretty well too.

How are the gains from the ones that have this done?

Low rpm's? mid to high?

_vince

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I have the evo 2 on my 2000 and it sounds really good and it's not too loud BUT i have heard it on others and it doesn't sound the same

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the evo 2 on my 2000 and it sounds really good and it's not too loud BUT i have heard it on others and it doesn't sound the same
yeah I would believe it sounds better on an s2k or turbo cars? rather than the civic.

_vince

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ correction...I have a 2000 si
ahh. i see, youve heard it on other SI's and it doesn't sound simiar?
I pretty much got my mind made up on the Vibrant, there are just a lot of minor things they need to work on before I can buy their products

_vince

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ahh. i see, youve heard it on other SI's and it doesn't sound simiar?
I pretty much got my mind made up on the Vibrant, there are just a lot of minor things they need to work on before I can buy their products

_vince
I have heard it before and it doesnt sound as deep....i know it sounds wierd lol

Vibrant is good...it's all a matter of personal taste!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in the same boat as you. I plan on going with vibrant header, cat, and either vibrant exhaust or greddy sp2.
Well, from what I hear Vibrant's products are meant to go with Vibrant products. I know this probably is the case for many companies but their RH/HFC are specifically meant to bolt to the Vibrant cat-back or the stock exhaust. There are also others on this forum that have had problems with fitment by putting another aftermarket exhaust with these hearders. (Greddy, Apexi, HKS etc.)

So if you're going to do it, do it all the way through. Best of luck!

_vince

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well, from what I hear Vibrant's products are meant to go with Vibrant products. I know this probably is the case for many companies but their RH/HFC are specifically meant to bolt to the Vibrant cat-back or the stock exhaust. There are also others on this forum that have had problems with fitment by putting another aftermarket exhaust with these hearders. (Greddy, Apexi, HKS etc.)

So if you're going to do it, do it all the way through. Best of luck!

_vince
May be true but I have a great local shop that has done many custom exhaust setups for me. If it's made of metal, they can make it fit. I'd rather avoid welding but we'll see.

·
Registered
790 Posts
i have the vibrant race header and cat, best sounding thing ever, every time someone revs it for me while im behind it i get chills. i have never been told it sounds bad and im always told by other 8thgens its the best sounding exhaust for our cars:thumb:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have the vibrant race header and cat, best sounding thing ever, every time someone revs it for me while im behind it i get chills. i have never been told it sounds bad and im always told by other 8thgens its the best sounding exhaust for our cars:thumb:
awesome. just waiting it out a bit, for obvious reasons.
when your exhaust was shipped to you. was there any physical damage that you noticed?

_vince

1 - 17 of 17 Posts