8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the secret is to getting the sound to work on the 2006 civic? 2 door WITHOUT PREMIUM SOUND.

I cannot find anything other than some youtube video that says to cut the LT blue wire on the 20P connector and wire it to ANY open wire on the harness LOL. The LT Blue wire is for the amp but my vehicle has no amp. I've tried 2 different units and neither have sound

Im using the Scosche wiring harness but I have nothing for the other 20P connector. I saw some METRA harness that said amp bypass but I cant find any and I don't see how bypassing a non existent amp helps. Or is that connector connected to the GA-Net Bus and that's my problem?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I did the head unit on my Si which is the Premium Audio but the only difference should be the amp bypass.

As far as I know the other 2 connectors that go to the stock radio aren't used. The only thing youll need is the adapter harness to go from the new radios connector to the cars harness.

This video is pretty good. They also only use one of the three connectors.

You say there is no sound so my guess is that the units are turning on and getting power. If not then my first guess would be the radio fuse.

Did the stock unit work before you took it out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts