8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody -
Just thought I'd introduce myself to you. I've been in and out of this site for most of the summer and finally decided to sign up. I don't have a Civic at this point, but I'm planning to order a 2008 SI. Ever since they changed to the new body style I really loved the look. Unfortunately the 2007's are running thin and I figure if I get a new car I'm going to get what I want and not settle for whatever is left. I'm sure you can agree with that. I haven't had a brand new car since 1976 - so it's been a while. I've had some decent used cars. When I get a car I usually keep it for a good while.
I've always been interested in the performance automotive scene since I first got my licence in 1968. That should give you some idea of my age. I'll be 55 in September, just an FYI. I've had a 1963 Triumph Tr4, 55 Chevy, 1965 Chevelle, 1991 Plymouth Laser (Turbo) and right now I own a 1993 5 litre Mustang (that I'm planning to sell). So thats just a bit on myself and I look forward to my new purchase.
See you all later
Bob

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Welcome to the site man! I definitely want to see pics of the chevelle and the fox body. I love those cars.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
firmhonda said:
Welcome to the site man! I definitely want to see pics of the chevelle and the fox body. I love those cars.
:yeahthat: In for pics of the chevelle! Good past cars you've had there, but I'm sure the SI will not disappoint.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jpik2003 said:
Welcome. And what kind of Si do you plan on getting? 2 or 4 door? Any color preference?
The SI I want is Taffeta White, 2 Door.

Sorry for the delay back.

Thanks for the welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Welcome Bob. I am 55 myself [as of October] and just got a FBP Si Sedan. I absolutely love it. If you haven't had a new car since 1976, you deserve one. Personally, I would get the sedan as it rides nicer, but the coupe looks hot and probably performs slightly better. Let us know what you end up getting and post pics.

BTW, I have had a new 1970 Camaro SS350, a 1967 tri-power 427 Corvette Roadster, a 1969 429 Corvette Roadster, a 1987 16v Scirocco and a 2003 heavily modded G35. Gotta love boomers born in 1952 who graduated from High School in 1970.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Picts of a couple of my other cars -

Sorry for the crappy picts of the chevelle and 55 chevy. But you have some idea. I'm sorry I ever sold the 65 chevelle and the 91 Plymouth Laser is probably the most fun. It ran a 13.33 in the quarter at 105 with street tires and FWD.
O and the white car behind the Laser is my #3 sons 90 or 91 honda (cant remember). It was a real sleeper - we took the old turbo off the laser and my son rigged up the turbo on the honda, bought a small FMIC and some larger injectors and a simple Fuel Management unit and an aftermarket exhaust manifold. It ran very nice.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
That photo of the 55 takes me back a few years. From the photo, looks like it was taken in the late 60's. Gotta love those American mags on there. The Chevelle looks hot with the Cragars on it too. Nice pics fellow boomer!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NitrousG35 said:
That photo of the 55 takes me back a few years. From the photo, looks like it was taken in the late 60's. Gotta love those American mags on there. The Chevelle looks hot with the Cragars on it too. Nice pics fellow boomer!
Thanks -
The picture of the 55 was taken in the earily 70's.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
bwhite said:
Thanks -
The picture of the 55 was taken in the earily 70's.
Isn't too bad that color pictures fade so badly over the years? A lot of my color photos now look like they are black and white. Your picture of your 55 Chevy looks like my '70 Camaro.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts