8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've been on this site for months now but this is my first post. I've been getting a lot of tips on the SI from all the posts so thanks. I put my deposit down last week and was told I should have it by the end of the month. Hopefully I'll have it by this weekend. They are going to call me when the next one comes in. I'm getting it with summer tires for MSRP. I knew the dealer and that was the best he could do. I told him I want either white, blue or silver so he said he'll call me when he gets the next one and if it's not a color I want he'll wait for the next one. I'm trading in my 2003 Acura TL Type-S for it. It's a lease and it's up in June. Unfortunately they would only pay off my remaining four months if I did Smart Buy, but the offer they gave me for that wasn't so smart so I opted to finance and pay the Acura off myself. Hope to be posting up some pics by this weekend. I'll post pics of my TL later on. Once again, thanks everyone for all of the advise and tips!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry for the confusion in the name. It's really just sillycheeseman, just like to make the letters looks crazy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
welcome to the site sillycheeseman.. i wanted white but they sold it before i could get to it. i gave in to the silver si lol i love it and it looks as great.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
welcome - how do you like your TL? I've heard nothing but great things about the TL, so I'd love to hear your feedback.

Keep us updated on your purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The TL is a great car. It's like the perfect mix of semi-luxury and semi-sports car. The ride is great and it has awesome pick up. I would like to keep it by the payoff at the end of the lease is around the same as the price of the SI, so for the money I'd rather get a brand new car. Plus if I finance the payoff on the TL for 5 years it'll be 8 years old when I'm done paying it and I'm sure I won't want it that long. Will keep you guys updated on the SI though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I went in yesterday and the dealer said he's getting a red one and a black one on feb 16. I have the choice to take one of those if I like or else I have to wait for another one. I'm going to go in when he gets them and I might take the black one. I love the car in black, I'm just worried about keeping the paint looking new. Black is hard to maintain with swirl marks and scratches. I might take the black one though. I fell in love with the black one when they posted it on the Honda site back in September. Sorry I haven't posted any picks of my TL yet, my cable modem isn't working so they'll take forever to upload. I'll get them up here once it's working again though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Guys,
I haven't been on in a while because my modem at home is still down. SO I got called last week for a Habanero Red Pearl Si, and I went to see it. I liked the color a lot but didn't think it would last for me. They black one they told me they were getting was sold. They said they did not know when the next one would be. So I drove by the dealership everyday to see if they got any and low and behold yesterday I drive by and see a silver one in the showroom. Now mind you I told the dealer if they got a white, silver or blue to call me. So I went in and screamed at my dealer for not calling me, who of course told me he tried and I didn't pick up. Anyway I ended up getting the car and I love it. Silver is a great color. I can't wait to get some pics up for you guys. I'll get them up as soon as I can, and some of my now traded in Acura TL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts