8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
supp guysss. have an 08 habbi sedan. 100% stock about 17 k miles on it and i need some help.

im not sure which intake to go with, so maybe u guys can help me decide.

idea 1: crv intake tube, with a blox velocitystack with filter. cutting the factory airbox, kinda like the x intake.

idea 2: just get a ebay cold air and replace the hoses and filter

idea 3: just leave the stock airbox

which would yeild more power?

oh also is there anyone that has any pics of their sedan lowered on the hfp suspension?

any help would be appreciated. :corona::deadhorse:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I bought an ebay CAI and it was garbage... Had to cut it shorter to make it fit and then widen the hole for the MAF so that would fit into it. On top of all that it absolutely killed my gas mileage. I ended up tearing it out and replacing it with a K&N intake and havent looked back.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im just kinda confused on how everyone praises the "x" intake and claim crazy gains , but the filter is like 10 inches away from the hot as hell header. hmm

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its not really not having enough money being the problem, its just not wanting to waste money, id rather spend it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i can do the x intake by myself and not spend much money at all , but im just not understanding how it could outperform the stock one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im not into the whole x intake thing im more of a named brand guy that knows what it does and such as that,but the other guy is right a intake doesnt do much unless you have other basic mods it will just make it sounds louder for the mean time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well other bolt ons will come with time. everyones first step is an intake lol. and thats fine if its louder i love the sound, but is my car gonna be slower with the x intake compared to stock?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts