8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long production process, we are happy to announce our new offering for 8thgen owners, our GRFXP Super Shift Boot!

Get yours now! GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...

GRFXP's take on an aftermarket shift boot for 8th generation Honda Civic's. We used the highest quality leather with gorgeous red stitching and an OEM bracket to provide a direct fit installation, simply remove the screws holding your current bracket in place and install our GRFXP Super Shift Boot, simple as that. Note: Currently our boot does not come with a collar, we include a zip tie for you to tranfer the OEM collar on this boot.

Scroll down to see photos of the boot matched up with our own line of stunning shift knobs! We designed this boot with our own knobs in mind for an amazing look for your interior!

Fits 2006 - 2011 manual transmission Honda Civic's only.

GRFXP Super Shift Boot paired with a GRFXP F-Bomb Shift Knob

GRFXP Super Shift Boot paired with a GRFXP Fatboy Shift Knob

·
Registered
161 Posts
If only I saw this sooner! I just bought a type r shift boot off eBay yesterday! Man I love y'all's products. I'm sure this boot must be top quality!

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ oh no! Thanks for the comments, we designed and manufactured this product to be an extremely high quality piece (for those that want OEM+) and is why we went the extra step to include the bracket as well for true OEM fitment, just with much higher quality leather and feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks fantastic! Any chance you'll be offering any other color options (blue, silver, or black for instance) for the stitching? I could really use a new shift boot, but the red stitching will contrast with my interior a little too much for my liking.

Once again, this looks like an excellent replacement!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
That looks fantastic! Any chance you'll be offering any other color options (blue, silver, or black for instance) for the stitching? I could really use a new shift boot, but the red stitching will contrast with my interior a little too much for my liking.

If this is possible id love purple stitching.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Constructive criticism----- In this market you are competing with redlinegoods shift boots which lets face it are great, italian made leather and their sewing skills are visually superb.

If I were you I would tell the seamstress/upholster who does these for you that they need to move the stitching away from the seam like a mm or so. Then they need to keep the line clean and straight, from the one in your picture you can see how they started out wider at the top and as the stitching goes down the boot they get closer to the seem. The thread also starts to slight turn at an angle.

Take it for what it is worth. This is a visual component people add to their car and as graphics oriented people I am sure you understand how that perfect visual layout of an object is key to it being successful.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It depends on how these sell, if they end up selling we would be willing to offer multiple thread colors, blue and silver would most likely be the two we'd choose -- since we need to order them in bulk I can't do piecemeal colors.

Constructive criticism----- In this market you are competing with redlinegoods shift boots which lets face it are great, italian made leather and their sewing skills are visually superb.

If I were you I would tell the seamstress/upholster who does these for you that they need to move the stitching away from the seam like a mm or so. Then they need to keep the line clean and straight, from the one in your picture you can see how they started out wider at the top and as the stitching goes down the boot they get closer to the seem. The thread also starts to slight turn at an angle.

Take it for what it is worth. This is a visual component people add to their car and as graphics oriented people I am sure you understand how that perfect visual layout of an object is key to it being successful.
point noted! Since they are hand made, some of the stitching does differ ever so slightly, in looking at the majority of our boots it's not an issue -- of course the one used in photos shows exactly what you are talking about!

As for the italian leather, to be honest -- i think that more grainy looking leather looks out of place in Honda's, it's almost too "rich" looking and is why we went for a nice smooth leather to keep the OEM look, just much higher quality.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump, we are running low on supplies of these and will probably not end up doing another batch. Don't miss out on the highest quality shift boot for the 8th generation Honda Civic. No fitting this boot to the bracket, we already attach it to an OEM bracket for the easiest installation possible!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Just bought and installed a FD2 type r shift knob which feels great, but looks awful in terms of the shift boot sitting so low. It makes the shift knob look really high. My question is will this boot and collar fix this issue if I still use the oem locking nut for the shift knob?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Just bought and installed a FD2 type r shift knob which feels great, but looks awful in terms of the shift boot sitting so low. It makes the shift knob look really high. My question is will this boot and collar fix this issue if I still use the oem locking nut for the shift knob?
you'll be able to set the boot right up to the locking nut!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts