1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted today at:

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=702560

2008 Honda Civic
The 2008 Civic lineup introduces a leather package for the first time on both sedan and coupe models. All 2008 Civics will be equipped with TPMS.

Civic EX-L
(New) Coupe & Sedan

* Leather seating surfaces (front & rear seats & center console armrest)
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel
* Heated seats
* Heated door mirrors

Civic GX

* MP3/Auxiliary input jack

·
Registered
18 Posts
Heated mirrors is a huge plus.

They are doing like Subaru did with the WRX. Offer a premium package, but not on the STi. So later they offered an STi "Limited" with the premium package. I wonder if Honda will go the same route. Maybe offer an Si-L, and Si-R in very limited numbers in the final year before the 9th generation arrives.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
plunk10 said:
Heated mirrors is a huge plus.

They are doing like Subaru did with the WRX. Offer a premium package, but not on the STi. So later they offered an STi "Limited" with the premium package. I wonder if Honda will go the same route. Maybe offer an Si-L, and Si-R in very limited numbers in the final year before the 9th generation arrives.
If they do that they'll make money off this site because a lot of people will retrofit whatever they can that is possible. Good idea! :thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hope that the leather-wrapped steering wheel "grip" for '08 is a direct swap from the sedan. I have an EX sedan and want the leather wheel but since the SI wheel for 07 uses different garnish parts, it ends up being about $450 new for all the components. Just the leather "grip" is $185 on the SI so it saves some money if I can reuse all the other parts.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hope the leather in the Civics comes in different colors, at least black and not only gray or beige as the cloth.
Do somebody know how much extra will it be with the leather option?
Maybe around $1500-$2000?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 2008 Sedan info has just been posted on the Honda site. The coupe is not up there yet.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/

It looks like the leather colors are the same as the fabric colors. Ivory & Grey. No black on the sedan....but maybe on the coupe since black fabric is one of the choices.

It looks like the MSRP is $1,200 more for the leather package.

·
Registered
18 Posts
jet1000 said:
The 2008 Sedan info has just been posted on the Honda site. The coupe is not up there yet.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/

It looks like the leather colors are the same as the fabric colors. Ivory & Grey. No black on the sedan....but maybe on the coupe since black fabric is one of the choices.

It looks like the MSRP is $1,200 more for the leather package.
Thanks for the link

The top-of-the-line Civic Sedan EX-L is the ultimate expression of luxury, performance and style. It boasts all the excellent features of the EX, plus the addition of leather-trimmed seats, steering wheel and front center armrest, heated seats and heated side mirrors. This new Civic has everything your heart desires.
Looks like the EX-L is the only model that comes with a steering wheel. :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
It looks like the leather steering-wheel is the same as the 07. You can buy it and put in on yourself on your current 07. I did it on my coupe, it cost me about $80 and just over an hour to put it on. It was money well spent :p

1 - 20 of 50 Posts