8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I just left the lot a few hours ago with an '06 Coupe, Auto, with Navigation in Gray Galaxy. I traded in a 2003 Lexus IS because it was getting horrible gas mileage and I want to spend less per year on gas - $50 fill ups was getting old fast. So far all I can say is I love my Civic. I've got a learning curve on the Navi and audio system, but I went out and bought a PCMCIA memory card adapter and a 512MB secure digital card. Looking forward to loading some music and putting the system to work.

Anyway, thanks for being such a great resource and I'm glad to be a member of this community.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phrank said:
I concur. Also, how much was it (the adapter) and where did you buy it?
Everybody is right, the thread is worthless without pics. I will post detailed pics when I get back to town Friday.

The PC Card slot thing was way too tricky than it needs to be. I went to Best Buy and bought a SanDisk PCMCIA card adapter, 6-in-1 and my chosen flash memory type is SD. Well, after loading the SD with nearly 100 MP3's neatly organized in folders by artist the Civic cardslot would not recognize, load or play the SD card. Called my dealer and they have a service bulletin stating that not all PCMCIA card adapters have been tested for compatibility. So, I went to CompUSA and bought a 2nd adapter - it worked, but the SD card stuck out of the adapter approx. 1/4" and the NAVI door would not close. Went back into CompUSA and bought yet a 3rd adapter (CompUSA brand, $19.99). This adapter works perfectly! The MP3's play wonderfully and the display of song title, artist and other tag information is awesome. It's really cool how the Navi voice lowers the music audio when it has directions to give.

Like I said, I'm a newbie but glad to answer questions for anyone. One last thought: get the Navi - it's just plain badass!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I suppose that I just lucked out. I purchased a 1GB San Disk compact flash card and a San Disk PC card adapter from Circuit City for $12.99 (for the adapter). Works flawlessly, found a LEXAR 128KB compact flash card at Office Max for $9.95. Also works great. Really love this card reader in the stereo. Have about 100 songs so far on the 1GB card and while playing you can access a screen that displays all of the songs on the card, then just touch screen to play the song you want. I am loving it! And if that's not enough, I grabbed my wife's iPod nano, purchased a mini stereo cord, and BAM, the iPod plays through the stereo. WOW. Oh, yea, there is that piece of old technology, I think you call it a CD player, do people still use that?

KC

·
Banned
325 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
blackwheelz, how do u have to organize the music??

Does it sort the music by folders or does it auto sort it by the tag info like musicmatch or itunes does?

Ironically I just cancled by buy.com order for a PCMCIA adapter and went to compusa and bought the 20 dollar one. That was about 4 hours before reading your post. Im glad to know that I will have full compatiblity now.

Now I just need the car to go with the adapter.. hopefully by the end of the week or I think I will have to kill someone.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
which memory card does it take?

looks like Compact Flash but im not sure

I just want to have my songs loaded up before I go pick up the car! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts