8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my first ever new car, However with such power I picked up a GR86. I opted out of trading in my civic as I felt I wouldn't get what I felt its worth in trade value. My question is what would you recommend for a winter setup for the front wheel drive car I'll eventually have to abuse again come this winter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
good wide tread winter tires for the front - mounted on cheap steel wheels you can get at a salvage yard for $15 and get 3 cans of Fluid Film and undercoat the whole under body, check your anti freeze, change oil using a good synthetic and check your battery and charging system, good rubber floor mats so you don't ruin the carpet, buy 2 extra ice scrapers NOW cause ice scrapers get sold out when the cold first hits, plus the way prices are going up I would suggest buy winter tires now but delay installing them until winter hits - I like the wider winter tread tires cause snow sticks inside the narrow tread winter tires that you don't get the traction - the winter tires will be loud, won't ride or handle as good but you won't get stuck oh yea, stock up on windshield washer fluid, get 6 gallons, that should last the winter - carry a shovel and a bag of salt in the trunk if you get stuck - double bag or triple bag the salt so it doesn't spill and make a mess inside your trunk, carry a blanket, extra gloves and a flashlight and matches. Once I got stuck on a lonely road instead of freezing to death I went into the woods next to the road and built a fire with wood to keep warm , plan for the worst but expect the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts