8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

enjoy :)

on another note this site seems like its blowing up. id like to see how many people join once the car actually comes out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the name of the motor in the si will be K20Z3

looks like it uses 5-W30 oil rather than the current 5-W20

the ex:

·
Registered
250 Posts
not much room in the engine bay, eh? and i thought my ep3 engine bay was small! Overall, looks pretty good!

Looking forward to seeing this car in person. :)

btw, anyone know the chassis codes for these new Civics?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great info and pics man! Where did you get the engine code from?

That thing is tight! And I mean both literally and figuratively. Does anyone else see it being difficult to put a K24 block in there? I heard it raises the head a few centimeters. Doesn't appear to be a lot of room.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Scourge said:

That thing is tight! And I mean both literally and figuratively. Does anyone else see it being difficult to put a K24 block in there? I heard it raises the head a few centimeters. Doesn't appear to be a lot of room.
i guess it's possible... keep an eye out for the hasport civic si at SEMA. turbo K24 swap i hear.

·
Registered
321 Posts
drool..... I took another look at the pics from another angle and it does appear to have a bit of extra space. It's hard to tell when you can't always tell depth from a picture. :)

That's what I'd like. There are forced induction cams out too for the K-series engines.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chibianh said:
i guess it's possible... keep an eye out for the hasport civic si at SEMA. turbo K24 swap i hear.
Honda also was going to give tov a civic si to work on for sema. id like to see what they come up with :cool:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scourge said:
i found the engine code on tov. it seems like common knowledge the engine code is k20z3 over there as they already have a bunch of discussions going about it. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rims on sedan are Horrrible......

Coupe looks pretty good, but it's Screaming for a body kit and rims.. or else from a quick glance it looks like a COBALT ewwww.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eh the cobalt is about 100x better than the cavalier. i was looking into getting a cobalt ss before i decided to wait for the civic.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts