8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
The cobalt is still built poorly like the civics though,and i still think our interiors are a little bit better than the cobalts. The resale value will not be good on this either. If chevy prices this at 25+ thousand it will be too high. Price it at 20-22K and it will be nice. That thing is fast but i think the MS3 rapes it.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I wouldn't buy a Chevy now just for the resale value... Sorry, I like knowing my car is still worth something in 2 years.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The cobalt is still built poorly like the civics though,and i still think our interiors are a little bit better than the cobalts. The resale value will not be good on this either. If chevy prices this at 25+ thousand it will be too high. Price it at 20-22K and it will be nice. That thing is fast but i think the MS3 rapes it.
I think the MS3 gets RAPED by it. Don't get me wrong, I love the MS3...but this Cobalt is a very good piece of engineering.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I think the MS3 gets RAPED by it. Don't get me wrong, I love the MS3...but this Cobalt is a very good piece of engineering.
Rofl i find that extremely funny. The new cobalt might have a fast and tuned engine but in the end its still a crappy cobalt. I'd wait for the Ralliart Turbo Mitsu Lancer with AWD to come out. The cobalt also has questionable reliability and yes Chevy's do have questionable reliability the Dodge SRT4 was terrible the reliability on that was poor.Chevys have questionable reliability as do fords but dodge has terrible reliability. Also where the hell is the Focus RS at? try try again domestics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The cobalt also has questionable reliability and yes Chevy's do have questionable reliability the Dodge SRT4 was terrible the reliability on that was poor.
Nonsense... The Neon SRT-4 has had very good reliability rating, as has the Cobalt. The Ecotech engine is very stout.

Every car is going to have some issues... need to remind of a particular Honda's transmission problems, among other 'reliability' items? ;)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Nonsense... The Neon SRT-4 has had very good reliability rating, as has the Cobalt. The Ecotech engine is very stout.

Every car is going to have some issues... need to remind of a particular Honda's transmission problems, among other 'reliability' items? ;)
Hondas transmissions..ah yes forgot about that! but atleast Hondas transmissions arent as bad as Fords. My moms previous 2001 explorer the transmission went out at 71,000 miles! Chevys transmissions arent that great either and dodge is terrible. LOL not every car is going to have problems,some do some dont. I was impressed by how fast that Cobalt is in the video though but a fast FWD=suicide! im waiting for a remake of the 240SX, and the AWD GT-R to come out and i hope Nissan remakes the 240SX,i heard they are and with 240+ HPRWD,Limited slip and brembo brakes for 2010! :thumb: also rumors of the new Hyundai Coupe coming out will have a limited slip and brembo brakes. I'm still sketchy on Hyundai though.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rofl i find that extremely funny. The new cobalt might have a fast and tuned engine but in the end its still a crappy cobalt. I'd wait for the Ralliart Turbo Mitsu Lancer with AWD to come out. The cobalt also has questionable reliability and yes Chevy's do have questionable reliability the Dodge SRT4 was terrible the reliability on that was poor.Chevys have questionable reliability as do fords but dodge has terrible reliability. Also where the hell is the Focus RS at? try try again domestics.
and a mitsubishi to you is reliable?
according to consumer reports the new colbalt SS is better...

now the looks arent that great...but the main scare factor its a chevy and not a muscle car

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.