8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda is unvealing a new Si in just a couple of hours at the chicago auto show.
This comes from today's wall st. Journal....

DETROIT – Honda Motor Co., in a further effort to bring back young buyers into its Honda brand, is expected to unveil a sporty, performance version of the redesigned Honda Civic sedan at the Chicago auto show Wednesday.

Individuals familiar with the move said the four-door Civic Si will expand Honda's sport-compact car offerings beyond the two-door Civic Si coupe which the Tokyo-based auto maker began selling in the U.S. in December last year.

The individuals said the new Civic Si sedan won't hit dealer showrooms until near the end of the year, but when it does, it is expected to help win back young consumers whom Honda lost during the past decade when it sacrificed the Civic's styling and performance in exchange for more comfort and safety.

The Civic Si sedan, the individuals said, is expected to come equipped with an engine powerful enough to produce 197 horsepower. They said Honda has marketed performance versions of Civic hatchbacks and coupes in the past, but this is the first-ever four-door sedan Si.

The individuals said the car, with more room in its back seat compared with that of the Civic Si coupe, is intended to cater to practical needs of today's young buyers who they said look for not only performance but utility in sport-compact vehicles.

It wasn't clear how many Civic Si sedans Honda is planning to sell a year. The company has said it aims to sell a total of 15,000 Civic Si coupes this year.

Yea. I much rather have 4 doors than 2. This Si sedan is going to be awesome. Feel bad for those who bought the copue already.

:party: :party:

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Hey, that's pretty cool. I'll have to check it out eventually since I'm officially out of the coupe market.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Dirty Bird 15 said:
Honda is unvealing a new Si in just a couple of hours at the chicago auto show.
This comes from today's wall st. Journal....
Do you have a link to the story - or did you personally read this in the paper? I can't seem to find any info about this on the wall street journal.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Dirty Bird 15 said:
Yea. I much rather have 4 doors than 2. This Si sedan is going to be awesome. Feel bad for those who bought the copue already.

:party: :party:

Don't feel bad for those who bought the coupe, it was what the vast majority of people were looking for a 2 door couple....

Im going to go out on a ledge and call BS on this...

I've looked through the Wall Street Journal.... online and paper today and nothing.... I work for a Newspaper and talked to the auto guy here, and he has no idea that a 4 door model was going to come out in an Si version.

Plain and simple... BS

·
Registered
39 Posts
This isnt BS, vtec.net confirmed this a long time ago. Anyways it will be unveiled today at 3 pm. (2/8/06) I wonder if they will offer an auto.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
From TOV:

Several months ago Motor Trend predicted that Honda would introduce a sedan version of the Civic Si for the 2007 model year. Now, I'm not questioning Motor Trend's credibility (but what ever happened to the EP3 Type R they said was coming??), and this was an entirely believable rumor at the time, but I hadn't heard it anywhere else so I was waiting until we heard some sort of independent confirmation from at least one of our own sources before we would put it on the board, so to speak. And now that time has come. Yes, it's true - we've very recently received word from a well placed industry source that Honda has plans to begin production of an Si sedan in the 2007 model year. The same source indicated that it would be built in Ontario alongside the Si coupe.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=447127

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well I called BS based on my sources. No one around here know about the new Si Sedan. It seemed like I was telling them a joke, or it was wishful thinking. Even though they have announced it in various places it seemed to be shot down quickly before. Honda has never made a 4 door Si.... I still wont believe it til I see it......I'm very skeptical.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wait until they unveil it in a couple of hours.

It will be unveiled at....
1pm Pacific Time
2pm Mountain time
3pm Central time
4pm Eastern time

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Why do they gotta make a Sedan! :eek:hnoes: I dont know if you SI owners feel the sameway I do, but..Dont you feel bad that they are making a replica of our cars, but in a 4 door version!! :xyxnervou :banghead: Thats not cool..

·
Registered
805 Posts
Im not a big fan of the Sedan Si.... for me in a way it just breaks tradition... of the two door coupe or hatch......::sigh::

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am a coupe fan myself, but why would you want to limit your hottest engine to a coupe? From purely a sales point of view it makes sense. Perhaps if it was only offered with an automatic with a sporthshift that would set it apart more. If your going to comprimise and get the sedan you are more likely to also want the automatic (as most Americans do). They could also maybe do more to the coupe next year to make it more distinct. Honda has done a pretty good job of not going overborad with their special vehicles like Dodge has with the hemi (If everything is a hemi it is no longer unique) or Pontiac several years ago who went nuts with the Ram Air moniker, putting it on everything including the Montana.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I think it looks quite nice myself and I own the new Si coupe. I am not much on 'sport sedans', however, having recently driven the IS25o and 350, my outlook changed quite a bit. I like the HFP rims on the sedan quite a bit as well.

Had both of these come out at the same time, I might have been swayed towards the sedan. I suppose it all depend on the actual function and appearance of the production version.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I wish they had come out with the 4door Si before I bought my EX sedan. I would love the extra horse power, but with a family of four I need the four doors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey, does anyone know how much the thing weighs??? Will the pricing be around the same as the coupe?? Personally, I wasn't sold on the tail end of the regular sedan, and i'm still not. Wing helps a bit though. Just my thoughts LOL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right now. its rumored to weight anywhere between 2,900 lbs and 3,000lbs.

Please do not cry about the weight. The kids at vtec.net all thought the sedan si was **** because it was heavier than the coupe. It was annoying and pathetic because its only a rumor but it is fact that it weighs more than the SI coupe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts