8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually even gotten underneith their new civic yet? I like changing my own oil and doing all my own maintenance myself, but I don't think my floor jack will even fit underneith that car fully depressed. Maybe someone can relate. I've been a mustang person my whole life, and this little 4 banger is kind of intimidating on the thought of working on it. Help! My motors sideways! :laughing:

·
Registered
50 Posts
cornflake said:
Has anyone actually even gotten underneith their new civic yet? I like changing my own oil and doing all my own maintenance myself, but I don't think my floor jack will even fit underneith that car fully depressed. Maybe someone can relate. I've been a mustang person my whole life, and this little 4 banger is kind of intimidating on the thought of working on it. Help! My motors sideways! :laughing:

I haven't gotten mine yet, but from what I saw at the dealership. It should be a peice of cake to work on the car. The engine bay is alittle crowded but I've worked on worse.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should just ask if you have to get a low profile jack to just change the damn oil. I won't hold any grudges or anything, but i'll be damned if I let a 16 yr. old kid at kwik e lube change the oil because I can't fit underneith my car! BTW, I used to be the 16 yr. old oil change guy, i've seen what goes on. Pay the extra $$$ to get your oil changed at a dealership or somewhere where there aren't 16 yr. olds changing your oil. Many joy rides in badass cars! ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
doing the math 4 dollars a change isnt that much of a reason for me. if you do have a buisness change it MAKE SURE you trust them. lots of places (i used to work in a few) just do a drain and fill no filter change and dont care.

doing it yourself is good if you want to realy take a look under the car at cv joints and lube points (in adjust as needed). if you are only changing the oil and dont know much else about front end maitnence then leave it to someone else and give them the royal purple and syntetic filters.

or just take it to the dealer. either will work

as to the k series motor the oil fillter is kinda wedged at the fire wall above the oil pan. not very bad but not as friendly as a v8 lets say. i wouldnt want to do it with out a hoist but thats me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts