8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im in the market for a new phone soon. But would like some input. I currently have the note 2 and it is getting slowww.. I was thinking new lg but I really can't decide. I like the samsung line up but it doesn't have expandable memory anymore. And most definitely not getting an iphone.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Can't blame you one bit for not wanting an S6/Edge/Plus or Note 5!

Since you're smitten with Samsung, snag a used but in good shape Note 4.

If your on a carrier that doesn't lock the bootloader, root it, install the ROM of your choice and enjoy the heck out of it. There's some really good ROM's available.

AT&T and Verizon locked the Note 4 bootloader down tight. If you're on AT&T, the T-Mobile Note 4 is compatible. If you're on Verizon, there's a Note 4 that was only available via Samsung that's bootloader unlocked.

FWIW, There are 2 versions of the T-mo Note 4. There's a N910T and a N910T3. The T3 comes with 5.1.1 and is a bit harder to root but is still worth looking at.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I 100% agree with you on the expandable memory and non removable battery. I was a Samsung galaxy fan before those changes so i ended up getting a Lg G4. No regrets so far so its definitely worth looking into; my only complaint would be that the built in apps like the video player and gallery aren't quite as good as the Samsung ones but you can always replace them with apps

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I was leaning towards the last s5 or note 4 but I'm not convinced yet. Heard that huawei is making a nexus phone thats just as good. And btw im from canada so no at&t or verizon lol. I did love my note2 til the battery life started to suck and it just takes forever to do things on it now. Like switching apps and the lag on typing sometimes annoy me...

·
Registered
142 Posts
just kidding whatever you do don't but this phone unless you only have $100 in the bank and have a phone from the year 2000.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I would advise you also to secure your smartphone. On this blog http://safenessmobile.com/ you will find the necessary information and a description of all the security features and saving your data on your smartphone. Believe me, it’s better to do this and protect yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts