8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am debating between a '06 Corolla "Type S" (oooh like the sound of that...jk) and '06 Civic EX. However i would like to share some things that may help others in buying a new car.

This may be helpful for trade-ins.

Go to a big chain dealership. There is a big dealership called Millenium Super Stores near my house. I went to the toyota dealership and told them to appraise my 05 Civic. They quoted $12,000. Had my dad come with me another day and we negotiated up to $13,000. Then we purposely fought with them and went to the Honda Dealership in their chain. And told them to appraise it. They said $11,000. Then I said that their own dealership was ready to give $13,000, and they are gonna possibly beat it. I talked with a few customer service people and got angry with them.

Now I tried to get a better price with them, but they said they can't lower the price on the new Civic. I am still bargaining with them to get the best price.

The Corolla S costs $19,439.59 because it has a body kit, fog lights, Moon roof, 6-disc cd changer and a bunch of nice stuff.

The Civic EX , Has all that for $19,600 after the delivery fee, and has a faster engine and just looks nicer.

Hope I helped a few thru this.

By the way, what would u guys recommend? Corolla S or Civic EX, both of which are 06 and Sedan.

·
Banned
308 Posts
personally the civic.. and im sure youll get that same answer from everyone else ont he site.. i loved the 06 ex sedan.. driving it felt like driving a more expensive type of car

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
corolla is cheaper on the insurance though. by 400 dollars in a year. I am a College student. 400 bux is a lot of money cuz i work for tuition, insurance and the car.

i'm probably gonna go for the corolla. In a year or two, i hope to land in a better job than where i am (staples) and buy the Si.

·
Registered
166 Posts
:thumb: Good thinking by you! Not too manypeople your age are such level headed thinkers. The Corolla is a good car too you'll be happyultil you can afford the new SI. I think it will be worth the wait! :driving:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
well, can I ask you something - Why are you getting rid of your -05? Is there a reason to get rid of it for the corola?

Otherwise - yes, I would get the corola. Saving money now, will only help you later. College will have lots of bills, books, and fees to go with it. If you can save that much on car insurance between the 2 - no question. I'd maybe try other insurance if you're really hooked on the civic though. Maybe another company can do better?

Either way, I think both cars are good pics for quality reasons and resale value down the road.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you guys don't remember. It got into a nasty accident. It was fixed and it drives, but thats about it.

Problems are that the Automatic Transmission has problem shifting, and my axle makes loud noises when i make a left or right turns.

I tried looking at other insurance companies, but the Great Talking Lizard gives the best rate in NYC. We've been with the lizard for 5+ years. So they are giving us a few incentives.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
ahhh I guess I just assumed it was fixed after the accident. I'd still just go with the corolla probably. It'll keep more cash in your pocket, and still should be a very reliable car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts