8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
when my motor was first started back up in the car, i got tuned in FL...moved to CA car ran like crap when i first moved. Linked up with my tuner "DERF" sent him a few data logs, car ran WAYYYYY better when i got a map back. After that final upload i drove about 500-600 miles before i got smoged. Car has no CELs nothing K24a2 09 tsx pistons scat rods stock z3 head.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
awesome! I just had some free time and went to a shop and mine passed too WITH flashpro afm tune.
This is great news for this community

·
Administrator
71,986 Posts
can you tell us the process you went through and your mods? did you switch to that type of tune and drive on it for a while or check readiness codes first? what are your intake, header, exhaust, injectors, etc. mods?

·
Registered
135 Posts
well the smog process was simple. when he started the inspection first thing he did, unplugged my flashpro and plugged up his equipment lol... somehow i also forgot that plugged in. Moving outside the car he check my pvc vac everything making sure my intake was installed right. Also i dident even have my cover on so he could see my 410 injectors. But i had it in the car told him i just dident have the screws. Now going under the car, my cars a bit low so he couldn't get under ... but he seen enough that i have a really small cat (vibrate Rh W/HFC) .... went back inside the car checked his equipment that was hooked up to my OBDII ...went to his emission computer i asked him " everything ok?" dude said so far so good, im just entering the information into the computer and it will determine pass or fail. Aem cai, vibrate RH/WHFC , Stock mugen exhaust, rdx injectors. K24a2 bottom end stock z3 head

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm running an AFM tune, put the heat shield from the cat over my header piping so it looked like i had one, and swapped my intake out for the stock one. All my monitors were set besides the catalyst monitor, and engine light off (obviously).
mods: k24 with 12.5:1 pistons and Z3 head with tsx cams, S2 race header and full race exhaust.

·
Administrator
71,986 Posts
My car ran with 650CC injectors comptech stage 2 supercharger k24 block ported and polished intake and exhaust manifolds rsx type s cams with a "return to stock" tune and passed not only the OBD check it also passed the sniffer test as well. I must also note that I did replace the race header for the stock one with cat and stock intake as well.

how did you "return to stock" on 650cc injectors? i didn't think you could run different size injectors without a tune indicating the correct size?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
the ecu is only gonna give as much fuel as it needs, no matter the injector size. BUT the duty % of the bigger injectors may allow more fuel to seep in causing higher hydrocarbons. I did not return to "stock tune", so it will not be needed (as of right now, the system is still new)

·
Registered
74 Posts
My registration was up and due in less than two weeks, with a smog requirement. I only have a K&N SRI on my car but I decided to flash back to STOCK from FP K&N MAF. This erased the READINESS codes and it took me about 300 miles of driving before all the codes would say YES. The EVAP readiness code was the hardest. The station plugged in to the OBDII port and did nothing else.

Next time, I think I won't bother flashing it back to stock, it was a pain just getting the readiness codes to set. Just make sure you drive with 1/4 tank of gas so that EVAP test goes through.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You are allowed one readiness monitor to not be set. Some vehicles, the EVAP monitor almost never sets to ready

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like this is easier to pass than before. As long as you pass the visual and nothing from the ecu pops up. Do anyone know if they actually look up the CARB sticker number to verified what year model the sticker is approve? I have a 2010 but the CT engineering SC only cover up to 2008.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yugisama,

Could you take a picture of you CTSC with the carb sticker?

Thanks in advance.

JP
Sorry buddy, I don't have the SC yet. Was gonna to get one but after finding out it only cover up to 2008, I hold off on it. Don't wanna install it then have to take it all off just to get it pass smog.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
if they wanna dig into it, they'll fail it. Any CARB sticker on the car, the number gets entered into the state system

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Have a fully built engine, race headers blah blah. Have someone who can take care of it and not worried about the visual but unsure how to go about this without turning off the EVAP. I cannot run my car in anyway without my tune on. Can't put on a base or stock map on the car :(.

Any more experiences in dealing with this new stuff? I don't want to have to fork over $400 for someone to use their spoofer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My dream build on my Si is a header w/HFC, catback exhaust, deusworks fuel pump, Rdx injectors, Hybrid Fuel rail, J35 throttlebody and spacer, and a professional tune. If I changed my headers back to stock, will I be able to flash back to stock, and pass smog? Will my car run okay without the tunned flash for the smog?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts