8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
sausage fest scion? a honda is no more "rice" then a toyota.
ah your 17 so this must be your first car...and that wasnt the smartest idea to go racing when you just bought the car..guess youll have to see what happens in the longevity of the car.

·
Registered
750 Posts
haha I guess that's why a 17 year old shouldn't own a Si. Try and stay out of trouble with it.
theres a ton of cars a 17 year old shouldnt have. a civic si is a nice car but its not that special. dont get me wrong im 17 and i do love my car to death but just cause were young doesnt mean anything. i do agree that the op is an idiot for racing his car with a scion of all cars at 100 miles but you cant tag all teens that way.:thumb:

·
Registered
15,996 Posts
welcome to the 8th...yes, you shouldnt have raced it, but i cant say i broke mine in right either...i was racin everyone i could find and it only had 400-500 miles on mine....but here's the bright side, ITS A HONDA...they'll go forever

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
hey your in concord nc if you need any dyno services or anybody to work on your car stop by driven its my boys shop do you no darius the dude with the 754whp hatch??? nice car by the way

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Welcome to the addiction man and congrats on the purchase. This car is definitely a chick magnet for sure. People forget it's a honda sometimes LoL. As far as your first mods, your pretty much golden. X-intake is a great value for the money as well as the NST pulleys. If your going to drop more than an inch, I woud suggest a rear camber kit. There are plenty of good ones on the market, just search "rear camber kit".

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey your in concord nc if you need any dyno services or anybody to work on your car stop by driven its my boys shop do you no darius the dude with the 754whp hatch??? nice car by the way
yeah i know him. do u know charles or josh? theyre up there sometimes. hes the one with that srt4 and i think josh has a silver t.c. now too.

anyways, im taking it easy now. if anything fails i still have a warranty. my first car was actually a 93 lexus sc400 and it was pretty quick. but ive been driving for a little over a year now and i decided on this. i was kinda skeptical at first because i couldve gotten a used g35 with semi higher mileage but im glad i got this. its not like im getting it for free either though. i payed the 3 grand down, all my insurance (2100 a year, full coverage), my gas, and half the payment.

but im very excited:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
True that...it's too much car for an inexperienced driver...but OP, congrats and please be careful out there.
its not a ferrari.... nor a corvette....

its a civic....so stop acting like a 17 yr old doesnt deserve it.

I wished I had the Si when i was 17.

OP: learn the car, before going all out. It takes a little time, at least 10K to actully feel whats going on.

1. do not dowshift from 6th to 2nd
2. learn to rev match
3. learn to get used to rev hang

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats

Geez, give the kid a break! He's obviously excited about his new car and even shared his first date experience in it which obviously turned out well:thumb:

I found this thread using the search function, it has a few good threads pertaining to "break-in" procedures from various members. Read up and enjoy your Si . . .

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/64344-break.html

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hi everyone. I got my car today and am very excited. i love it. The car is quick and very nice inside and out. Its got 139 miles after about 4 hours of ownership haha. I kept on saying when i got the car i was going to strictly follow the break in period, but that didnt work out so much. I was ridin around with my friends scion tc and we raced a few times about 20-80 id say. i know it was dumb but is that really going to hurt my car? i took the first 100 miles very easy.. The girls seem to like it too. We went to this party with some friends and met up at a different guys house before. Then when we all went to leave for the party the 3 girls wanted to ride with me in my "ohh its so pretty!!!" car :) and the 2 dudes other then my friend rolled in the scion. Im so glad b/c he always gives me **** saying "ricer" "nice honda"in the smart ass way. so i now refer to his car as the sausage fest scion. haha. anyways i love the car but one thing i noticed thats a huge pain is the seats. the girl who was sitting up front had this white not-furry-but-kinda-furry-i-guess-if-that-makes-since sweater on and little stuff from it still will not come off the seats. ive been told to use a lint roller though. i need to go get one tomorrow. anyways i love the car. im thinking first mods are xfactor intake, nst pulleys, springs, what else? also, how is the struts with aftermarket springs but orig. struts? here are some pics i snapped in the garage that dont do the car any justice.

You did not hurt your car in the slightest way. I've been redlining my car since it had 10 miles on it. There are lots of information out there that shows that you can beat on a new motor and it wil be fine. Some actually argue that the motor will perform better once broken in hard.

For your seats use the lint roller. and good stuff on getting the chicks to roll with you. Be careful with the racing. You dont want to destroy your new car. But anyway you should walk on that scion easy...

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Welcome to 8thCivic

I suggest you read the site rules which you agreed to when you created your account, specifically the ones regarding the posting of Street Racing Stories. They arent allowed, can and will be deleted on sight, and if you continue to post them your account can be removed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to 8thCivic

I suggest you read the site rules which you agreed to when you created your account, specifically the ones regarding the posting of Street Racing Stories. They arent allowed, can and will be deleted on sight, and if you continue to post them your account can be removed.
ok, sorry about that. wont talk about it again. anyways i love the car. its now got 185 miles on it. i cant stop driving it! and the good part is my tank isnt even half way. god i love honda

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.