8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2091 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Proud new owner of a 8th gen hybrid. Got it for free from a customer, looking to fix it up as cheap as possible and use it as a daily while I finish my other projects. Was a Honda/Acura tech for 6 years and now I’m a Toyota/Lexus tech. So I know my way around the cars quite well but the memory is fading.

How it sits now. Bonus my girl’s 9th LX in the background haha Had to try really hard not to order Si bumpers for it. Figured the more I step away from the hybrid look the harder it will be to resell later on.

First Honda I’ve ever owned, got it on July 11th and named it 711.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very cool that it was free and your fixing

Thanks! Might be posting progress videos on YouTube. Basically just documenting the process...because why not. I’ve never done any collision repair so should be interesting to those who are looking to do collision repair at home but don’t have the experience.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very cool yea it would be interesting. How is it being a mechanic I've been debating going to uti

My advice is just dive into the job, start at the bottom, work your way up, and get a feel for the industry. And while you’re doing that absorb as much as you can from your peers and take some classes on the side to support the education you’re getting at work. It’s fast paced, sometimes long hours, dirty, hard on your body. And don’t forget the fortune you have to invest in tools and then special tools after that. Definitely worth trying out, but if you don’t have the passion for it and a good strong work ethic I’d say it’s not going to be very lucrative/rewarding for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody, checking in from Oklahoma. This is my 2008 Civic Si. Has About 80k miles. I haven't showed it much love but its full bolt ons and stage 2 ct supercharger. I got this wild hair now I wanna try to push this kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked her up Jan. 1 with 83,000 original miles. She’s fresh off a wax here the other weekend. Been reading this forum for awhile now so I figured it was time to join up. What’s up ladies and gents? ???

2061 - 2080 of 2091 Posts