8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, picked up the wheels yesterday, and also had the windows tinted friday, 20% all around. Wheels are 18x8 no drop.

Keep in mind the car looks superficially low in the rear and high in the front because we had 4 wheels and tires in the back, and bunch of other stuff. Also, stay tuned for better pictures when the rain clears up!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! They're +38 offset, which fit just about perfectly, I'm not sure how people run 35's because these rub with as low as the rear is...

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I've asked this before, what is offset? I plan on getting 18 inch rims and have no idea about what offset is and how it affects anything.

BTW, the tires look good, and I love the stance. Seems with that stance, I won't be wanting a drop as I did earlier, that seems low enough.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the post above you, I mentioned it's a +38 offset. Basically the lower the number on a + offset the further it will stick out. On an 18x8 I'd say +38 looks good. Some guys run +35's without issue though.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks! They're +38 offset, which fit just about perfectly, I'm not sure how people run 35's because these rub with as low as the rear is...
Nice, I run +35 on stock height and rub slightly when I turn fast or the fat friends are in the back seat. In hind site I would go with a +38/+40 et on the next set of wheels I go with. That way there shouldn't be any rubbing issues at all and they would still provide an aggressive stance.

I've asked this before, what is offset? I plan on getting 18 inch rims and have no idea about what offset is and how it affects anything.

BTW, the tires look good, and I love the stance. Seems with that stance, I won't be wanting a drop as I did earlier, that seems low enough.
PM'd you about offset so as not to thread jack.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
day time pics plz!
I'm gonna try!! But we're getting bombarded with rain this week! And the car is filthy right now. I'll be trying to get some next weekend, after this weekend.

Nice, I run +35 on stock height and rub slightly when I turn fast or the fat friends are in the back seat. In hind site I would go with a +38/+40 et on the next set of wheels I go with. That way there shouldn't be any rubbing issues at all and they would still provide an aggressive stance.
I dunno, I don't think a +40 would look great. I think +38 is as far inset as I'd like to go. I'm a huge fan of flush wheels, and think +35's look great. But with the fact that these rub as much as they do, I couldn't imagine getting away with +35's without camber. As it is I'm hoping we can roll the fenders on these and it'll go away.

·
Registered
665 Posts
you need to run some mad tyte 205 width tires on those 18x8's! then you wont rub!

lol

no but seriously.. offset and width go hand in hand. a +38 offset on one wheel may not fit the same as a +38 offset on another. depends on the width of the wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts