8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just bought my 09 SI and iv been breaking it in i have just about 500miles on it and when i was ripping on it today it seemed like when i was ripping thro the gears it would grind 2nd and 3rd !! yes i know how to drive a a manual all my hondas have been except my fit but im finding that if the clutch is not alllllll the way down on a shift thats when it dose it, could this be why just becouse i need to have the clutch on the floor before shifting and not a tranny problem? this clutch is very very different compaired to all my other 96-00 cars you dont need the clutch all the way to the floor to shift. anyone else have this problem ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
dude i have a 09 FA5 and i felt the same way i thought i was feelin a lil grind. but its cuz i would try to shift quik with out havin da clutch fully down. as long as u have it down even in rippin the car the shifts are BUTTERY lol. Dont worry man these trannys on da 09 are very much improved. ENJOY UR RIDE MAN

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude i have a 09 FA5 and i felt the same way i thought i was feelin a lil grind. but its cuz i would try to shift quik with out havin da clutch fully down. as long as u have it down even in rippin the car the shifts are BUTTERY lol. Dont worry man these trannys on da 09 are very much improved. ENJOY UR RIDE MAN
ok thanks man thats the exact reply i was looking for lol i was hopeing that it was just becouse i dident have the clutch all the way down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
:yeahthat::yeahthat:
i got an 09 fa5 too..but its just the clutch isnt all the way down its not the tranny..you have nottin to worry about man. Have fun with your car.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I won't be the person to burst people's bubbles, so I'm just going to let someone else do it this time.

Switch to Amsoil and cross your fingers, bud, that's my parting suggestion.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
AMSOIL MTF

Mine was notchy. Made the change, silky now, even on 10 degree Chicago mornings.

I think for a full oil change and Trans change, both AMSOIL it was 32 bucks.

Guy didn't even try to get me back according to the dealer recommended interval change. He said I'll be fine. He's not looking for business, he's looking for happy customers. SO that was cool to hear him say and know he's not money hungry.

Small mom and pop service garage in Westmont IL FT-MTF-MFW! :cheerleader:

·
Registered
572 Posts
ok everyone is telling us "go synthetic!" but i didn't even do my first oil change yet (700 miles so far) so when i DO do my first oil change, i should get the regular (dino) at the dealer correct? i think i read something along the lines of switching to synthetic on your car's 3rd oil change and not earlier or it will be bad... so if that's the case.. i technically have to wait until say 15,000 mile mark (if i went by 5,000 miles per oil change)??? please tell me i'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I don't think you have to wait. DOn't they offer you a choice of Synth or regular anyways? Dealers just say this stuff and correct mer ifg I'm wrong but because they don't make money selling cars so they have to attempt to get you to buy everything else from them and them only in the parts dept and threaten you if you go somewhere else you will ruin your car and they will void your warranty. The are the Maintenance Bullies.

·
Registered
132 Posts

that makes so much sense. but i know what you mean by the older models not having to put the clutch all the way down on the 96-00 on my old 97 i just use to tap it and the gear would slip right in but the clutch is much harder on these new Si's. anyways im about to get my 09 si coupe in about two months hopefully ill be trading in my G35.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.