8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I scooped up my 06 Si (33k) yesterday and am thrilled to be back in a honda. I have browsed the forums... and read of some of the issues people have been having. I have a few questions, that maybe the community at large can help me with:

1. I dont have the money right now to throw down on the Helms Service manual, does haynes or chiltons make a decent publication for the 06 si (8th gen civics in general)?

2. I have managed to slap 60 miles on and noticed some (intermittent) "notchiness" in 3rd... and only 3rd, all other throws are seamles. It has not popped on me, but should I be waltzin in to the dealership with the TSB (I am going to review its service detail again and see if I notice anything referencing it).

3. Other than the above stated, I have completely fallen in love with this car...are their any other major quirks that I should be wary of.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
the 3rd gear issue is a problem that honda is aware of. my husband drives an 07 nhbp si and had the same problem. we took it to our honda dealership and without hesitation they warrantied it right away and its been flawless ever since. there's a specific thread on this site with better info about this situation. i believe its a statement from honda... i had all this printed out when we went to the dealership. hopefully you can get it fixed without any trouble...

·
Registered
526 Posts
i would suggest replacing the MTF to amsoil first.... if that does not completely eliminate the notchyness then go in for the TSB.... i heard a few stories of people taking it in, only to come out with either it being worst or other gears catching the notchyness..... granted its only maybe 2-3 out of thousands.... still..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would suggest replacing the MTF to amsoil first.... if that does not completely eliminate the notchyness then go in for the TSB.... i heard a few stories of people taking it in, only to come out with either it being worst or other gears catching the notchyness..... granted its only maybe 2-3 out of thousands.... still..
this weekend I will do so. It popped on me for the first time today, but truth be told I hadnt gotten it fully engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.