8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wade Rollerson Has Officially topped my list of the worst service department I've dealt with. I bought my car new from them and I have had my lx for about 6-7 months now. When I bougt it I got the "Honda Care Package" which included my first two oil/filter changes, tire rotation, lube, and honda check-ups. Well I used the first service in august and first of all the service manager was a prick. He treated me like I abuse my car and gave me an attitude with every question I asked about the car i.e. what does this do? can i get my door locks to unlock at the same time, etc. This upset me because i was being friendly and up to this point i had never even WOT my car plus his attitude in answering my questions was uncalled for. Anyway I go into the lobby and wait for my car which was about 30 minutes and then the service manager comes in and tells me my car is done. I go to the desk to sign the sheet, he gives me the service report, and I leave. When I get home I'm bored and decide to check the service report. I see that all of the green boxes are checked except for one that has N/A written underneath it. The box marked N/A was the clutch box. I immediatly knew that they assumed my car was an auto and didn't even bother checking the clutch. But my clutch had been working fine so I figured if anything happened I'd use it against them. Well today was the day I was due for my second service and I go in and the same thing happens with a different service manager. This grinded my gears but I kept my cool and just handled the situation calmly then sat in the waiting room. When my car was done I looked over the check sheet before leaving and what do you know the clutch box is checked N/A again. I go to the service manager and asked him why it was marked that way and I quote his response "Because you're driving an automatic you don't have a clutch." I almost blew up but stayed calm and said "I definatly drive a manual." He countered me and said "no your car's an automatic the mechanics only check manual transmission vehicles clutches because automatcs don't have them." I don't know how I kept my cool but I asked him to come to my car with me and opened the door and said "so automatics have a clutch pedal and the five speed stick like this :readtherules:." Then he paniced and stated that the mechanic must have been lazy and forgot to check to see if the car was a manual. I was running late so I had to leave or I would have female dogged the feces out of every service person there but instead I said alright well you just lost a customer and don't expect me to recomened anyone to this dealership. So long story short if you live in gainesville or plan on buying a car from Wade Rollerson...DON'T! If they can't even check to see if my car is a manual transmission I doubt they even actually checked anything on the car at all. Should I report them to Honda of America? I don't know what action to take. Like I said if they can't check my transmission what else didn't they check. I'd like to feel somewhat confident that everything is working and replaced properly.

·
Registered
227 Posts
**** those guys. What service rep doesnt sit in the drivers seat and realize, "hmm.. this things got a stick and a clutch pedal.. what the hell can it be?"

I'd definitely give AH a heads up and let them know whats happening. If anything you may get something free out of it.

Do you have copies of the forms to fax to AH just in case? I'd probably do that too and circle the part where they marked N/A on gearbox just to show em..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep everything in a filing cabinent even my floor mat reciepts haha. So yes I still have the original one too.

"hmm.. this things got a stick and a clutch pedal.. what the hell can it be?"
Seriously. And who is he to question me, the owner of the car, what transmission it is?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else have bad wade rollerson or other similar experience they'd like to share? what was outcome?

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Wow... Yeah if he is that stupid to tell you that you dont drive a stick then tells you HIS employee was lazy and did not check what he was supposed to be doing in the first place

Yeah Call HOA and report them.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Why does it seem like all Honda dealers suck lol"

I have been to honda dealerships that don't suck. They just aren't near me anymore because I moved.

"That is total bullshit... but at the same time... are you sure you have manual?"

hahaha I am 150,000,000% positive that I drive a manual. If for some reason my car is an automatic and I've mistaked it for a manual and I have mistaked my last two trucks for being manual as well then will someone please call the looney bin for me?

What I want to know is if the service manager even cares about his job? It seems to me that if he doesn't care what his mechanics are doing then he also doesn't care about having customers.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
How do you inspect the clutch anyways? Is there a cover you can take off? I thought the only way to inspect a clutch is to break the motor and tranny.

·
Registered
802 Posts
anyone else have bad wade rollerson or other similar experience they'd like to share? what was outcome?
Joyce Honda, Denville NJ. Terrible sales/service people. The entire dealership should be burned to the ground. The most recent incident I had with them was I came in for my 25K checkup, oil change, air filter, tire rotation all that jazz. After about an hour and 45 minutes I drive off the lot, my cars pulling to the right. When I called about the alignment still being off after I left, some guy speaking broken English told me to f-off and hung up on me. I had some **** to do so I came back a little less than an hour later and told them what the deal was. Another hour goes by, I get my car back, I leave...still pulling to the right, they also didn't fill out a single thing on the check sheet, completely blank and stapled to the back of my receipt. I went back argued with the service manager, got my $96 back, and left.

Can't do a proper wheel alignment on new tires twice in a row?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Your car might be in their computer as an auto, and the tech might have not even driven the car. Someone drives the car into the tech's stall, he/she does the work, and then the same person drives it out. Tech never is inside your car, he has no idea, just going off paper work. Just a thought....

·
Registered
162 Posts
how did they drive the car into the service bay? lol im guessing they just push in the clutch on the "automatic car" lmao!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I cant complain.. Robert Howard is my service rep and hes the shizz.. and I sold my honda a few month back and I still stop by the dealership to see him and say whats up.. hes cool and gets the job done.. My steering wheel was peeling before i sold the car and he told his manager in front of me if he can warranty it for a "friend" .. I felt special..

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Haha there's a friggin epic Honda service centre here.

and er, If you are driving auto and mistook it for an manual, then i'll call the nice gentlemen with their shiny white labcoats.

·
Registered
156 Posts
WTF how the hell did they drive into the service bay?? It makes you wonder what else they failed to notice. Damn man that service manager is stupid as hell for arguing with you.

Well the one thing I like about toyota dealers is that when you come in for a service they actually take you vin# and mileage. They look up your vehicle in the system and its service history. When I came in to pick up my floor mats from honda it took them 15mins to find my record. It would have been easier if they used my vin# to look up the order info. I dunno about honda since I haven't come in for an oil change but that's just my experience with toyota.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well the one thing I like about toyota dealers is that when you come in for a service they actually take you vin# and mileage. They look up your vehicle in the system and its service history. When I came in to pick up my floor mats from honda it took them 15mins to find my record. It would have been easier if they used my vin# to look up the order info. I dunno about honda since I haven't come in for an oil change but that's just my experience with toyota.
The dealer I go to looks up the VIN number and mileage, on his crazy touch screen computer monitor. They still suck nuts though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Another reason why they're called stealerships. They rank right up there on my lowlifes list together with lawyers and pond scum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts