8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got new tires installed, (few hours ago), went in for an alignment since I got eibach pro kits installed last week. They said it's bad camber, at like -3 rear. So i ordered the skunk2 rear camber kit, and won't come and install till saturday. between now and then, I need to be driving exactly 140 miles highway with that camber setting at -3 (maybe a little more). will that significanly reduce my tire treadwear or am I fine for 140 miles highway? don't wanna ruin brand new tires.

The guy at the alignment was like: dude, you need to get a camber kit NOW, which is why i'm asking you guys if something as little as 140 miles highway will damage my treadlife. Thank you, response would be appreciated.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, was getting a little worried cuz the guy at the shop was like: "wheww, dude... this is beyond bad" never lowered a car before or nething so i was trippin.

Thanks again man, good relief before I leave for work

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i have pro s coils and im pretty low and i have -2.7 both sides for about a month than got the toe done and its all good now just have the toe done and your fine dont worry about it

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. weird, the alignment guy said that there was no problem with the toe at all. is this guy not legit or what

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
as long as you don't drive them at -3 forever, you won't wear your tread uneven enough to do anything.

If you keep them there for months and drive thousands of miles, you will go through the tires about the same rate as normal, but only have wear on part of the tire.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. Also, I'm thinking about going
-0.5 front camber
-1 rear camber
0 toe front and rear

I am a commuter, driving 50~ miles a day. Does that sound right for good treadlife?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm running 225/40/18 falken 912s. I drive mostly highway, so just wanted the best camber adjustment possible.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been ridin around with -2.8 in the rear for over a year now so short term is definately ok. BTW stock camber is -1.5 in the rear, except on the hpf suspension which is -.75.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have pro kits on, stock shocks.

after some reading, i'm thinking -0.75 front, -1 rear, and 0 toe, good? again, i'm looking for maximum tread life (dont wanna go 0 camber though)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts