8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking into a machine polisher for some time and ready to buy now. I have very light webbing/swirls and some very light scratches; all are mostly on the truck/hood for some reason...

I've used the Porter-Cable 7424 before, but it's been awhile. I now see there is something new out, the "Ultimate Detailing Machine".

Is there any difference between the two?

What pads should I be looking to get?

Or is there a really good 'bang for the buck' package deal out?

I have a few things left over from Meguairs when I had the 7424; Meguiar's #9 and #83; and newer stuff NXT wax and clay bar. Is there anything else I should look into picking up?

tia!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The ultimate detail machine is basically a porter cable 7424 on steriods. Its modded to be almost as powerful as a rotary. Running it on speed 4 is like running your porter cable 7424 on speed 6. You can use it the same as a 7424. It can take the same pads.

·
Registered
317 Posts
For your PC /UDM future use I would recommend getting :
1)CCS 6.5 inch Smart Pads™ Dual Action Foam Pads by Lake Country.(one blue ,two white ,one orange)
2)Poorboy's SSR 1 ,PB SSR 2.5 .
its a good start.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have used Lake Country pads and they are good stuff. However, when I went to visit Rasky, he put me onto the Meguiar's pads. The Meguiar's pads are much better quality and are more substantial.

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Boat/RV%20Care>Buffing%20Pads/Backing%20Plates>Pads&sectionID=513101

·
Registered
317 Posts
asdf said:

Yuo know you always get a better deal when you buy a kit ,instead of buying everything indivdually.
Of all the kits you mentioned I like:
#1=
http://www.topoftheline.com/porcabpolpac.html
#2=
http://www.superiorcarcare.net/porter-cable-kit.html

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NitrousG35 said:
Looks like a heck of a deal. Price seems good for all the stuff you get. Products are top notch. I just bought a bunch of mf towels from Autogeek. Great place to do business with! :thumb:
Would you choose any other ones over this?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
asdf said:
Would you choose any other ones over this?
Not really. The machine looks great and the price is right. If you look at all that you get-machine, pads, polish, mf towels, it is a great deal. The products are top notch. A lot of products to use comes down to personal preference. If I didn't already have a Porter-Cable and a lot of pads, I would jump on it.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know I'm going to need 2-3 white(polish), atleast 2 orange(light cut), and some finishing pads (which ones though, grey or black?) Anything else? Any good sites to check for the pad pricing/ordering?

I will just be doing a few really bad cars, but other than that mostly just mine (just need to remove swirls mostly and freshening up)

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
asdf said:
I know I'm going to need 2-3 white(polish), atleast 2 orange(light cut), and some finishing pads (which ones though, grey or black?) Anything else? Any good sites to check for the pad pricing/ordering?

I will just be doing a few really bad cars, but other than that mostly just mine (just need to remove swirls mostly and freshening up)
???

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
asdf said:
After visiting Rasky's shop, we discussed products and tools to use. Rasky showed me the Meguiar's pads. He liked them better than Lake Country pads. The Meguiar's pads seem more substantial and have a better quality IMO. Here is the Meguiar's site:

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Boat/RV%20Care>Buffing%20Pads/Backing%20Plates>Pads&sectionID=513101

1 - 20 of 20 Posts