8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas, i own a 2008 fg2 GG, its got about 25 k miles on it, and i noticed the redline slight little grind when i powershift reallllllyyy quick from 1st to 2nd, just like all the other people on this forum lol. other then that my trans is fine.

but just recently i was messin around tryin to figure out a way around the little grind, even though it still gets in gear, i just dont like the grind it makes.

1. i noticed if i shift at 7500 as fast as i want, it wont grind

2. i can shift at 8200, flatfoot shifting, as long as i shift about .3 seconds slower so it bounces off rev limiter once, and by the time the second rev bounce comes, its already in gear, and im dropping the clutch, and it wont grind at all.

so basically now im curious which one would be more beneficial at the track, 1, shifting at 7500 really really quick, or shifting at 8200 a tad slower.

let me know your opinons, i am an expirienced manual driver, but i have never been to a track.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have the same problem as this guy, i dont think thats a solution for me since it only happens when i shift really quick. and in the demonstration videos he posted up, i dont consider that quick shifting. if i shift at that speed i won't get a grind.

·
Registered
171 Posts
u sure? cuz i mean if i shift at 7500, no grind, if i shift at 8200 at the sameee quick speed as i did at 7500, bam, i get a slight grind/scratch. does this make the pedal a lot stiffer? anyone have any long term tests with this?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Yes, the earlier you shift it seems that it doesn't grind as easy but when you get beyond 8k, its grind season. That DIY helped me out and no it didn't make my clutch stiffer, it just made it so you could engage the clutch sooner.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I drove with it for a month with no issues but I have since got a new clutch and have re-adjusted it. Still using stock clutch master cylinder though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
hmm this is tempting but it seems like they tend to damage the clutch master cylinder. and im a little skepticle of this diy still. since even if im at 8200 but i shift slow, it won't grind. and how many miles u have on ur car that u already had to replace the clutch?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
My clutch was fine, I went a k24 build and decided to upgrade my clutch. My car had 82k miles with the stock clutch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
oh ok, im about to give this a try. even though i really dont think itsgonna work lol, just since my grind isn't really as extreme as everyone says

·
Registered
171 Posts
loll after much though i decided im actually not gonna do that mod. id rather just shift at 7500(where the powerband ends anyway) from first to second, or just shift a tad bit slower, now i need to know which one i should do lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts