8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Should I get a new 1/4 or just get it fixed?

• New Quarter Panel

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Fix the existing Quarter Panel

Votes: 9 45.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got hit this month and I'm going to settle with Poland Springs. What they offered me will cover everything. I go to 2 shops for estimates and both places say the same thing. I really don't want to cut into a car this nice. I can repair it instead of replacing. What do you think....pop out what he can and bondo or a new quarter with less bondo. The difference in price would certainly help me for Christmas tho.....I don't want bondo but either way I will have some. The guy says he can do it perfect even tho I told him what a prick I am when it comes to my car.....so tell me, judging by the damage should I get a new quarter or just have it fixed?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Idk...if he says he can do it perfect than I would just do that. I would do almost anything as long as cutting wasnt involved, but thats just me:eek:hnoes:

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Qshooter151 said:
who's the old guy taking the pics? :p
Some bum I saw wandering around...I paid him 38 cents, a right glove and a used toothbrush to snap teh pics

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Qshooter151 said:
LMAO! bondo that ***** and buy some boost!
I seriously thought boost for about 20 seconds.....2 grand to fix...1800 in my pocket but then I snapped back to reality.....unless I come into alot of money I will stay N/A

·
Registered
16,845 Posts
bondo ftl, but it would be cheaper unless insurance is willing to pay for a new panel
I voted fix it

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
effNsi said:
bondo ftl, but it would be cheaper unless insurenace is willing to pay for a new panel
I voted fix it
This place is self insured so what they put on the table today was 3700 cash. I told them I will let them know tomorrow and we will talk. To replace I got estimates for 3200 and 3400. To fix, I got 1900. I also need for them to pay up for a rental car for a week

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
06blaksi said:
I seriously thought boost for about 20 seconds.....2 grand to fix...1800 in my pocket but then I snapped back to reality.....unless I come into alot of money I will stay N/A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts