8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have an 07 ex with 205 55 16 tires stock rims everything else is stock. I can get recaps in 215 55 16 or 225's.... will these fit and not rub or will i have issues? Are recaps safe on our honda? What is a mean snow tire for less then 100 bucks!? I almost lost her day on the STUPID ASS factory bridgestone tires I need something slightly more aggressive in snow and rain. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Hi all I have an 07 ex with 205 55 16 tires stock rims everything else is stock. I can get recaps in 215 55 16 or 225's.... will these fit and not rub or will i have issues? Are recaps safe on our honda? What is a mean snow tire for less then 100 bucks!? I almost lost her day on the STUPID ASS factory bridgestone tires I need something slightly more aggressive in snow and rain. Thanks guys
If you're going after a winter tire, don't look to go to a wider size. Stay with the OEM tire size. Everyone is trying to push winter tires now so check out the deals on tirerack.

A couple years back I got a sweet set of Dunlop performance-snow tires that were a blast. In the dry they felt like a sporty all-weather tire but had fantastic snow/ice capabilities.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hahahaha they dont do recaps on passenger tires. Only like big truck tires. So if someone is selling a "recapped" tire, i would try to stay away from that. If there a deal like that, make sure that you check the age of the tires on the DOT number, pay attention to the last 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.