8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off... I understand there are multiple threads about SRI's... but I still haven't got any idea of which is the BEST. I'm looking for 1) Drivability, 2) Reasonable whp gains, 3) Reasonable price, and 4) Least maintenance. !!!WARNING!!! If you don't know what you're talking about don't even consider leaving a reply because I've waited 4 months to get a clear-cut decision. Money isn't an issue for me, but I say "reasonable price" because I would like to purchase more than one mod. I WANT TO UPGRADE MY FG2!!! lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
yea do a search and stop being a douche 10 posts in...

you say reasonable price yet money is not an issue because you want to purchase more than one mod? Then money IS an issue....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry, but I've just gotten a little tired of reading new threads, and people just seem to keep bashing other people over preferences. I read one good thing about one, then 2 posts later, I read 2 cons about that product. I'm about to just go w/ Buddy Club race headers instead. We'll see.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! A little extra guidance is all I was looking for lol. But anyway, keep 'em coming! Will post pics of my upgrades when they are installed.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Short Ram is growing in popularity. Metal pipe with a carbon fiber heat shield. A little tricky to install, but reasonable gains and looks nice. I paid $140 shipped. Maintenance is easy. Just clean the filter when it gets dirty. No idle problems. I love it.
Fujita, Injen, K&N are all good.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
The Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Short Ram is growing in popularity. Metal pipe with a carbon fiber heat shield. A little tricky to install, but reasonable gains and looks nice. I paid $140 shipped. Maintenance is easy. Just clean the filter when it gets dirty. No idle problems. I love it.
i started the mishimoto thread!!!!! :woowoo:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/131245-mishimoto-carbon-fiber-air-intake.html

btw....i just noticed.....I BROKE 1000 POSTS....WOOHOO!!!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never thought about that one! Will look into that definately. I wanna read about the Gruppe M- cowl induction intake:):):) That shizzum looks sexy. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where'd you order yours from?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
For my part, I will never run an intake on my Si that does not incorporate a MAF sensor with vanes in it. The vanes were put there by Honda to assist the ECU in interpreting the airflow going into the intake.

Those vanes stabilize A/F ratios and maintain good throttle response. I cannot tell you the number of people who have had either K&N, Fujita, AEM or the like who have complained of bogging at low rpm's and poor performance in extremely hot, summer conditions.

The best bet is to use a rubber intake boot to isolate the air from heat. Aluminum only transfers the heat to the air. Many people have used the CRV intake boot due to its increased volume. I would then use a sectioned out Si MAF housing, a silicone coupler and an open element air filter such as the Apexi.

One can keep the base of the stock Si airbox in place, thus helping to isolate the filter from heat in the engine bay. Since the factory cold air tube is still being used, there will at least be a trickle of cooler air going into the filter as well.

AEM is the only company I know of that is currently addressing the issue of vanes in a MAF housing. Kudos to them for addressing the inherent issues associated with the K20Z3 engine.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts