8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two minor mods I want to do to my sedan are:
1)Change the horn and add a deeper horn like the one on my Odyssey.
2)I got a rear spoiler so the Honda Technichians disabled my interior brake light since the spoiler has its own.

Two questions I have before starting the mods:
1)Does anyone know where I can get a cheap Honda Odyssey 05-06 horn or an accord horn? or what I have to do in order to put a stronger horn in my civic. Where is the horn on the 2006 Civic Sedan Located?
2)DOes anyone know what wire etc. I have to connect in the fuse box in order for the third interior brake light to work with my exterior brake light?

Thanks.....Pazbien

In the future I plan to add HID's 4300K and maybe side turnsignals. I would also like to add LED brake lights and interior door courtesy or flood lamps.
Thanks for your help. :)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
as far as the brake light. Usually what they do is pull the plug going up toward the 3rd brake light. It should have a plug up near the deck area (under trunk area). They usually just pull that plug out. It's probably just lose or zip tied up there now.

horn - I'd call a local junk yard, or search ebay for it. You'll probably get one really cheap that way.

I don't know where the 06 horn is - don't have one to look, sorry. Someone else will have to help.

·
Registered
503 Posts
on my 95, what they did was pull the plug for the 3rd brake light and the spoiler plug goes right there. Its an either or proposition. May I ask why you want both the spoiler brake light and the 3rd brake light? IMO, it looks cheesy having both.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I recently purchased the side turn signal mirror for the 2006 Civic Hybrid and plan to install it onto the 06 EX. I would take pics for the installation guide but i'm going to bring it to the shop tomorrow for them to have a look at the wiring.

I looked at the fixture and compared it to the current side mirror. All the dimensions match but the question lies within the wiring. From looking at the fixture, its a basic plug and chug.

I'll post pics later

Do you know if this would work Webby? Would I need any wire taps?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I honestly have no idea on that one. I'm not sure how it would wire into the door. You'll have to tell us what they do

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks anyway

I stopped by 3 places.

My local Honda dealer/service dept, and 2 mechanic shops. The dealer told me they only replace broken mirrors units and that I was requesting them to do something that's not standard to them. So basically they're not daring to experiment.

One of the shops had no idea and the last shop took a look and told me they might need to alter the wiring but told me to come back next weekend.

I did some research before and found a company selling turn signal mirrors for owners trying to upgrade.

Here are some instructions:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
if you need wiring help, let me know. your not too far away if you wanted to come and have me wire it up for you.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
HybridZer0 said:
Thanks anyway

I stopped by 3 places.

My local Honda dealer/service dept, and 2 mechanic shops. The dealer told me they only replace broken mirrors units and that I was requesting them to do something that's not standard to them. So basically they're not daring to experiment.

One of the shops had no idea and the last shop took a look and told me they might need to alter the wiring but told me to come back next weekend.

I did some research before and found a company selling turn signal mirrors for owners trying to upgrade.

Here are some instructions:
lot of places don't like to experiment.. which was to my advantage. It helped me to gain a LOT of business when the Acura RSX first came out.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
HybridZer0 said:
I recently purchased the side turn signal mirror for the 2006 Civic Hybrid and plan to install it onto the 06 EX. I would take pics for the installation guide but i'm going to bring it to the shop tomorrow for them to have a look at the wiring.

I looked at the fixture and compared it to the current side mirror. All the dimensions match but the question lies within the wiring. From looking at the fixture, its a basic plug and chug.

I'll post pics later

Do you know if this would work Webby? Would I need any wire taps?
You just tap into the wires for the regular blinkers - easiest route to do. Just follow the blinker wires as close to the mirror as you can.

·
Registered
342 Posts
And those wire tap things make the job easier and faster. I did my own wiring for my trailer. I was nice to not have to cut the existing wire on the car. I then coated the connector with liquid wire insulator to seal out any moisture.

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
i called honda about the horns and they said that there is no direct replacement horn with a different sound for the 06 civics. This weekend, weather permiting, i'm going to try to mess around with the horns from my old accord and my moms minivan and see what i can come up with. It doesn't seem like its going to be too hard so i will post some results this weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 05 odyssey, 06 civic ex/nav sedan, and I was just thinking the same thing about the horn. It's down-right pitiful what they put in the civic. Let me know how it goes in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Where did u buy the Hybrid side mirrors from? I want to chance mine over with the side lights. I dunno why honda just didnt make them standard on EX/SI models...

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
madeguy said:
Where did u buy the Hybrid side mirrors from? I want to chance mine over with the side lights. I dunno why honda just didnt make them standard on EX/SI models...
Any Honda dealer, but
www.collegehillshonda.com has good prices...talk to Paul in parts
1-888-244-6632

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone see that video where the guys go around pranking after putting a locomotive horn in the car? That would be awesome! Respect my authoritah!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I replaced the horns on my 06 lx coupe..it was about 1/2hr of work. the only ballsy part - to me - was removing the bumper cover at all... turned out it was only 1 screw in each wheel well, and maybe 6 - 8 fasteners under the bumper itself.. pulled it off with a partner and the horn was on the right side. replaced with an "american sound 2-tone horn" from Canadian Tire here in toronto.. and no longer do I have a "psst, excuse me dear, would you mind moving out of the way ? ".. I've got more of a "yo. dude. could ya? coming' though" :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Horn is located in the front bumper on the drivers side. I replace mine with twin Hella Horns. These sound great. Very Loud

1 - 20 of 20 Posts