8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i plan on goin with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position with UNI-T AQ II tire. i think they are a great tire (no experience but goin by tire racks rating system). i checked out tire racks price and i wanted to check localy by me. so i ask and the guy told me that the price for each tire, balance, rotating and mounting will be 192$. ok, goin with tire rack the price for each would be $176. so i dont think that shops ripping me off,

heres the kicker. the guy asked why i want that tire when i can find a way cheaper tire and that is comparable to that tire. now ive only been goin by tire racks rating, i know i know the kumhos. i looked at them at thought those arent bad however the bridgestones are better rated in every thing.

any opinion in why that guy might have ? that tire. anyone rocking them? thanks

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Why not look at the all new Goodyear Eagle F1 ultra-high performance A/S? If you are going A/S, Goodyear is cheaper. TireRack had them for $124 a tire for 215/45/17 size. I was going to get the RE960 A/S until I read the MotorTrend test between the Goodyears and the Bridgestones. I absolutely love my new Goodyears! See my thread: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47651 BTW, I got mine from a fellow member here who works at DirectTire-Tom aka ThePiper

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NitrousG35 said:
Why not look at the all new Goodyear Eagle F1 ultra-high performance A/S? If you are going A/S, Goodyear is cheaper. TireRack had them for $124 a tire for 215/45/17 size. I was going to get the RE960 A/S until I read the MotorTrend test between the Goodyears and the Bridgestones. I absolutely love my new Goodyears! See my thread: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47651 BTW, I got mine from a fellow member here who works at DirectTire-Tom aka ThePiper

i did think about them too. but on tire rack they didnt have a chart to see all the ratings, i really liked the potenza snow rating, and plus all the ratings are like dark green. im not doubting the eagles i just wanted to compare the two. are the eagles better than the potenzas

so you havent used them in the snow have you, do you think i can get cheap eagles from that member.

are those 215/45r17 in the pic, for some reason the tire looks really wide

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok then i narrow it down to see which i should get. members help choose. i really want the best performing all season tire,

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position for $570.74

good year Goodyear Eagle F1 ultra-high performance A/S for 607.14

1 - 4 of 4 Posts