8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good friend that does custom paint work for a living. He offered to help me paint my xB labor free as long as i helped out and provided the materials. So hmmmm, that got me thinking. I've thrown around some ideas and think i've decided upon this:

My factory Solar Yellow, with a black (Something similar to toyota Black Sand Pearl) top half seperated with a silver pin stripe (House of Kolor Orion Silver):

(*Sorry for my really crappy photochop skills*)

Two tone is a popular route traveled in the xB scene, so let me know what you guys think.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I'm undecided. It might make it too bumble bee-ish?

would a black stripe - then silver top be bad? I guess I'd have to see it.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
badhondaman said:
Since when did this become a Scion website?
there are a lot of different car owners on the site. We have mitsubishi evo owners, vw, wrx, honda, mustang, scion, sho, & acura owners to just name a few. So far we're all getting along quite well, so I don't have a problem with the community. yes this is a civic site, but we can all be automotive enthusiasts.
:driving:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Its not a bad choice, the Black with the Silver stripe seperating the two colors....

Go for it if you are feeling it, it goes well with your rims....

badhondaman.... that was really random when he was asking for opinions about what color he should paint it... it wasnt a my scion is great.. and you should drive a scion...

I guess this is how people act on other forums so it really jades people... makes them hateful... I appreciate that other people with other cars come and talk...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, the 2 tone's done, i finished it just yesterday. Wow, yeah, LOTS of work

I ended up using a Ferarri Black Pearl and a Porshe Metalic silver. Both paints have a nice nice metalic flake in them. Here's some pics:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, i agree about the silver. It was brighter in the color book for some reason.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
martinez_josh said:
Looks good IMO, have you done anything to the inside? Pics please
GameCube and xBox 360

14.1" Flipdown

Stuff like that, haha.