8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just got my new rims yesterday, and I'm gonna be getting some new tires for them within a month. The rims are 18x8 +35 and by the time I put them on I will have my HFP suspension installed. I also want -1.5 front and -1 rear camber. Does anyone see any issues with running 245/35/18's on these?

Before anyone says anything, YES I have searched, but haven't found a straight answer. And yes, I know it's a lot of tire. I'm actually kind of partial to the meaty tire look instead of the whole stretched 215's look. Not bashing, just not for me.

Any help is appreciated, any trolls should just stfu before you start. :thumb:

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not sure if this will help but I had 235/40/18's on my Drag33's 45+. Stock suspension 08 sedan. They rubbed like mad when hitting bumps or swoops in the road. Tore up my front inner fender wells pretty bad. Looks good but non functional.
Took it back to Discount and went with 215/40/18. Not as beefy a tire, but I think it actually may look better now as they don't look like truck wheels. I'll need a drop now though. FYI- I use Yoko Sdrive. Hope I helped a little.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? That sucks man, but I'm guessing you didn't have a camber kit?

It just crazy cuz there's a few members here that are running 255s

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah all the camber talk and all that confuses me. I know nothing about any of it and really don't wanna know I just want my car to look how I imagine it in my mind lol! I have about 2 inches of gap now and since I don't wanna pay $1000. for a drop I'm putting my stock rims back on and saying to hell with it. Too costly all this upgrading. Plus I'll be able to hit curbs again!:dancing:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, thats a good way of looking at it! Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

Anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just ordered 225/40 r18 Toyos for my new rims. The size you listed definitely sounds like a lot of rubber on a lowered suspension. I'm sure that's no help, just my $0.02. Good luck with whatever you decide.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, but there are members here who are running 255's , so I know i could make it work, it's just whether or not it will work with the wheel specs and camber I wanna have.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm running 255/40/17 which is actually .2" taller than 245/35 and here are my results. I'm running 17x8 +45 on HFP suspension. Zero camber in front and -1.3 in rear. I have tucked the fender liner in the front under the tab and do not rub at all. Before tucking the liner I would rub on really bad bumps. On the rear I did a really mild roll of the rear lip using a rubber mallet and a heat gun. Now, your wheels are going to be pushed out 10mm more than mine but your tire will be 10mm narrower which puts it 5mm closer to the car. Also, you are planning on running -1.5 up front so you should be fine on the front and I've still got some pretty good clearance on the rear so I think you will be fine there as well.

Some people are going to tell you that it won't work. I'm just saying that it works for me. It took a little bit of work on my part, but it was well worth it and I will stay with this tire size. I like the meaty tire look.

Also, with the tires you are planning on running, your car will have less fender well gap with the HFP suspension than someone running a 215/40. Mine looks considerably lower than cars running factory sized tires with HFP due to less fender gap.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AWESOME!! Just what I wanted to hear! I remember seeing your car a while back and thinkin DO WANT!! haha, I love meaty tires, and your car looks great with the TL-S rims on 255's. Thanks for the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts