8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i recently got my turbo in, greddy kit but unfortunately the mechanic if u can call him that ****** up the car badly..ugh the car sputters doesn't idle right and makes more noise that a harley...=( u can imagine my dilemma i still had to pay the guy too what an ass he even scratched up my front bumper like crazy..im so frustrated..

what i would like to ask you guys is there a good performance shop close by me?
i live in flushing, ny....i dont think the car will make it anywhere far...or if any of you 8th civic members known anyone that can help me out?
please help a fellow 8thcivic member in need...

thanks alot
kevin

·
Registered
50,064 Posts
theres midnight auto and rpm nyc

i wouldnt have paid him ****.

dont pay until the job is done right. also i would have made him pay for the bumper thats why the shop as insurance

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
KEV07SI said:
hey guys i recently got my turbo in, greddy kit but unfortunately the mechanic if u can call him that ****** up the car badly..ugh the car sputters doesn't idle right and makes more noise that a harley...=( u can imagine my dilemma i still had to pay the guy too what an ass he even scratched up my front bumper like crazy..im so frustrated..

i live in flushing, ny....i dont think the car will make it anywhere far...or if any of you 8th civic members known anyone that can help me out?

thanks alot
kevin

i highly recommend rpm nyc !!! :thumb:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
KEV07SI said:

thanks alot
kevin
hmm...what kind of mechanic did you go to? was it just a normal mechanic that doesnt work with/tune computers? because that could be the problem. from what i understand after the physical install of the greddy kit the car wil run but not anywhere near as good as it should. bring your car to a tuner and get the emange tuned correctly. if the install part was doen correctly, this should solve your problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
06 Civic Ex said:
thats why the shop as insurance
Yeah, it's called Garage Keeper's Legal Liability Coverage.. every shop that does work on a customer's car has to have it (or they run the risk of having to pay it themselves). But it basically covers a customer's car while it's in their possession for work or repairs. So, it would cover the scratched bumper.

Sorry about the botched job, that stinks! It sounds like the didn't tune it at all after the install.

I've heard good things about RPM, hopefully they can help you out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
RPM.... I stopped by the shop about a month ago and they were doing a Greddy turbo on an FG2. They have also done the Comptech supercharger with zero issues. Highly recommended

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys/gals thxs for all the feedback on rpm but unfortunately the car couldn't make it there..she melted two sensors on the way :eek:hnoes:.... its actually sitting at a shop called Initial D in Brooklyn great guys they redid everything and tuned it for me going to pick it up on the third(sat) keeping my fingers crossed so happy to see my baby again =)

·
Registered
242 Posts
KEV07SI said:
hey guys/gals thxs for all the feedback on rpm but unfortunately the car couldn't make it there..she melted two sensors on the way :eek:hnoes:.... its actually sitting at a shop called Initial D in Brooklyn great guys they redid everything and tuned it for me going to pick it up on the third(sat) keeping my fingers crossed so happy to see my baby again =)
Nice!! Glad to hear it. Keep us updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts