8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make the following upgrades to my car. It's a 2007 Black Civic Coupe.

-Fog lights

-Sunroof/Moonroof visor (I think it looks nice)

-Mudguards/Splashguards (I think it looks nice)

-And the white headlights (not sure exactly what they are called) I want pure white ones, not the ones that look blueish.

Yes, they are cheap and simple upgrades, but thats all I can afford right now.
As you can see I don't know much about upgrades, or parts, or installing any of them for that matter.

I'm looking for some advice and help towards where I could get these parts for cheapest and best quality and maybe someone to help me install them in the future (I would pay you).

Oh, and I rear ended someone the other day doing like 10mph so my hood and bumper is a bit scratched and dented. Any suggestions?

Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Well if anything......i have splashguards on my si sedan and im thinking about getting rid of them because i want the hfp kit since um....yeah BUT dunno yet i mean if they fit ill probably just give them 2 u but i dont know yet. you should go to the locals meet at lollicup this saturday! which part of o town do u live in?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that thread avho....

As for the lollicup, I would love to go, but I am driving down to Ft. Lauderdale tonight for a wedding and will be there for the weekend. I will be back on Monday though. :( Let me know if we can work anything out.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in the UCF area Supermpr1.... But yeah, let me know what you plan on doing with your splash guards cause I'm interested...

I just got the visor from that thread, thanks again avho..

Now I need the foglights and HID white headlights 8)

I was also thinking of checking out that silver dashboard cover that I've seen on some cars. I haven't seen it in person so I don't know how good it looks yet...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
gui said:
I'm in the UCF area Supermpr1.... But yeah, let me know what you plan on doing with your splash guards cause I'm interested...

I just got the visor from that thread, thanks again avho..

Now I need the foglights and HID white headlights 8)

I was also thinking of checking out that silver dashboard cover that I've seen on some cars. I haven't seen it in person so I don't know how good it looks yet...
O so were practically neighbors then lol live a block away from campus on rouse :dancing: you go out to the tuesday meets in waterford?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I didn't know you guys met every Tuesday... I thought it was once in a while... lol I work almost everyday at Waterford; I work at the Dominos Pizza on the far side near the 408... Ill stop by this Tuesday I guess if you're all gonna be there... :D

How many people are usually there? And what time? And where in Waterford?

I'd like to look at some cars and get some ideas cause I'm a bit undecisive on what to do with mine...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
gui said:
Actually, I didn't know you guys met every Tuesday... I thought it was once in a while... lol I work almost everyday at Waterford; I work at the Dominos Pizza on the far side near the 408... Ill stop by this Tuesday I guess if you're all gonna be there... :D

How many people are usually there? And what time? And where in Waterford?

I'd like to look at some cars and get some ideas cause I'm a bit undecisive on what to do with mine...

Yeah well recently with school starting to really pick up i havent been able to go nor prob i wont be able to go because im working at oviedo this tuesday....BUT usually we all meet by sports authority around 10ish with the club rsx people. Everyones kinda cool but then you got the idiots in the oldschool honda's and what not but w/e. Ill def go next tues though and solo8thgen is usually there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm at work right now as well... I work across the street tho... I should be off before 10 so I'll definately try to stop by... :]

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
For the foglights, you have options, depending on how clean of an install you want. Anything aftermarket is made for the 06 which has the switch where your VSA switch is. The 07 Si's with foglights from the factory have the foglight switch on the stalk with the headlights. If you want it OEM, you gotta go to honda (which is real expensive) otherwise you can just go to Auto City Imports or Battle Endless which are sponsors here on the boards and buy them there, here's a link to ACI ($100 for the kit) http://autocityimports.com/honda-2006-civic-c-51_1203.html
You can install them like factory but the switch you'll have to find a place for. I put it just under my dash, out of sight, but I can easily reach down to flip it on. I didn't like that at all, but it'll do for now.

For the HID's, if you want pure white, you'll want to get 5k headlights. If you want to see what they look like, click my name and find threads started by me and look for my Project Anjeru page in the introduction section for my pics of my kit. I read this thread here for a full HOW-TO and where to buy for cheap. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21376
and did exactly as he did, but I ordered 5k. I don't recommend anything over 6k as it's too blue and you lose visibility. my 5k are awesome. extremely sekzy, brighter and whiter than stock. As Orient Express points out he got his on ebay and they are like $89 a kit right now. I bought them from the same dealer and they've been fine so far. I recommend these because they are very affordable. If you want quality ones, get Phillips but be prepared to shell out some $300-400 or so.

The sunroof visor is easy... pretty sure it's just adhesive that holds it on.

The mudflaps are easy too. just a few screws and your all set. If you want to make it look better, have them painted the same color as your car, even though your car is already black. It looks much cleaner. Just remember you can't install mudflaps on a car with any lip kit including the HFP kit.

As for the body work, it's all word of mouth. Find out who does good work and who doesn't. A lot of people will just recommend a place they had work done just because they've been there, but try to actually look at the work. It's hard to find good places. Honda is always safe, but expensive. :( MAACO is not an option. You'll most likely not want to involve the insurance company. It'll A) go on the record that the car has been in an accident, and B) most likely not cost as much as your deductible.

Welcome, and may the mod yoda be with you. *smokebomb ninja vanish*

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of that info... How much do you think it would cost to paint the splash guards?

Also, for the headlights, im looking for a simple swapping of the lightbulb... I heard you can buy the white bulbs for like 20 bucks and just change them in your headlight.

As for the fog lights, I ve seen plenty on ebay for 60 bucks with shipping.. I am just gonna go with one of those, I just hope I don't pick a bad one, even though they all look the same... They all say JDM OEM, and the button for them is inside next to the mirrors adjuster..

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
SOLO8thGenSi checkin' in... thanks for the introduction Mario (supermpr) LOL!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I saw one of you guys at the meet last tuesday for like a brief second.... I was in a black ex coupe =( alone and scared...

Anyway, any feedback on my last post?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
yeah i guess that was u i drove right past you but i was just streaming by.....ended going to buffalo's for dollar beer and free wings and fries. Plus my car was really dirty so I didnt feel like stopping along also the fact that club rsx was not there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true... i didnt see any civics or rsx's so i just waited for a litle while and then dipped as well....

So anyone wanna give/trade/sell me their splashguards?!?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts