8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My father accidentally scraped the driver's side rear bumper when pulling out of his tight driveway. Some minor paint removal and scraping, not dents and the bumper-to-body connection is still tight, so he didn't do more than slightly scrape it.

I'm looking for recommendations and expected cost to:

1. Respray it - This is very minor and only on the rear bumper driver's side (not on the fender/metal body). I'm hesitant because of overspray or a piss poor job. Expected cost?

2. College Hills Honda replacement rear bumper in galaxy gray - Not sure of shipping cost, but it's around $230 and probably an hour of my time. Hopefully it fits right the first time, as I've never done any body work :)

3. HFP rear bumper - Looks like an additional $70-80....maybe an upgrade, but it'll only be the rear bumper....will that look stupid without any other body kit parts?

I appreciate any and all guidance on this. My father doesn't have alot of money, and he'll be paying (unless I do an upgraded rear bumper, in which case I'll pay the difference). Suggestions welcome!

Joe

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
just an FYI the HFP rear bumper?? What do you mean. Theres an HFP lip which connects to the bottom of your existing bumper, and that piece costs MORE then the bumper itself. But there is no HFP bumper, just the regular OEM one you have on your car now, but if the lip covers the scratch, Id go for it lol, and it wouldnt look too out of place, Im only doing side and rear lip kit when i get some funds together. Got any pics of the incident?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There appears to be (hard to tell due to salt and stuff that will buff out) about a 4" strip of horizontal paint removed, about 1/2" tall and maybe one or two other areas where the paint was removed down to the black plastic underneath. No other real damage.

Thanks for the heads up on the HFP bumper lip....I thought it was a whole new bumper.

Touch-up paint most likely would look tremendously out of place here, since touch-up paint doesn't have the same color as the original. I'll find out what a local shop quotes me :)

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.