8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get 2 12W6's but decided that that weighted to much so I was going for 1 10w7.

Talked to the car audio people at BB today and they told me that for daily listening that 1 12w6 is the way to go. They said it would sound better playing music compared to the w7. That the w7 is really only for competition use, to reach low notes. Said it’s not a good listening to music speaker....

So would the 1 12w6 be better than 1 10w7. I know it won’t be as loud, but will it sound better listening to music?

Also, what would you guys personally go for.

I already have the MRP -M850 so it would kinda be a waste to use it on the 1 w6, right? IDK

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
12w6.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So went back over to best buy and talked to them some more. They basically just said the same thing. Then the dude told me to go outside with him to listen to his 10w6. Heard it and regardless of weather the w7 or w6 is better for everyday listing, I decided the w6 was more then enough power and sounded great. Sounded way better then my friends system with 2 12's, and my other friends system with one 15". Some additional pluses to this decision is less weight, and less money. Thanks for your input. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts