8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Charles...i haven't formally introduced my self, so here it is...i have a TW 09 Si coupe with a full hfp kit. I bought it about a year ago new and it has almost twenty thousand miles on it now. Ok, so moving on to the advice part. Last Friday i was going to Home Depot to get some new light bulbs for my fish tank...when i was half way there waiting at a red light my car suddenly lurched forward, i had no idea what happened i thought the car stalled, but when i looked it was still running. I look behind me and a kid is staring at my trunk with an expression on his face that said "oops my bad." So i let some cars drive by then jump out of my car furious because its not like i stopped quickly i had been sitting there for a while. So i calm down and we pull into a parking lot and look at my bumper. I didnt notice anything until i got home, there is a 5 inch scratch on my rear hfp kit =( i was sad bc i like my car spotless, and this scratch is haunting me...but you can barley see it until you get really close. I got an estimate today and its going to cost 400 to refinish...i find this a little too much but im not going to argue. The kid is going to have trouble paying this bc his insurance will probably not cover it, what should i do...i gave him a week to find a cheaper place but if he doesnt should i just file the claim and be done with it??

Any posts welcome, personal stories and advice :wigglesmiley:

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
if he find it somewhere cheaper then let it be, but if cant then do insurance
Yea, if he can't then just file a claim. I rather him pay for it than me.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
dont waste your time, just file for a claim, rear ends are 100% insured, well in ny it is. But most likely it should be in most places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts