8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my friend are looking to change our tires. We both have 09 si's with stock rims. Now i wanted to know what were some good performance all season tires? I've been looking around and was thinking about the Hankooks ventus v4 es h105...open to opinions...also i wanted to know if 225 were ok for stock rims??? :think:

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've got about 4,000 miles on my General Exclaim UHPs and I really like them. They are affordable, quiet, long lasting and really good in the rain. They had excellent reviews on tirerack. You will be fine with 225/45. I was running 235/45/17 with no issues. Now I'm running 255/40/17 and not rubbing after a little work.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok sounds good. I'm gonna look into those tires. I might have overlooked them before. Thanksbfor the input and help on the 225/45 question.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Continental Extreme DWS
I am using those right now. I find that they perform better in the rain, but overall its good in all seasons.

Also i used to use performance directional summer and winter tires, after switching to these I noticed a slight delay in response.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am using those right now. I find that they perform better in the rain, but overall its good in all seasons.

Also i used to use performance directional summer and winter tires, after switching to these I noticed a slight delay in response.
What do you mean by a slight delay ????

·
Registered
526 Posts
He means that the sidewalls are softer and give a little. Like, when you turn the wheel there is a slight delay in the reaction of the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well me and my friend are looking to change our tires. We both have 09 si's with stock rims. Now i wanted to know what were some good performance all season tires? I've been looking around and was thinking about the Hankooks ventus v4 es h105...open to opinions...also i wanted to know if 225 were ok for stock rims??? :think:

Thanks in advanced.
Great Quality Tire Hankook's. I manage to squeeze out 70k from my last set. Don't know about the 225 , I have 215's on SI Rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts