8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 8thcivics!

I am from germany, and soon I'm getting my TW Si from the USA.

I want to drop the car about 2". I want to go for the front a bit lower than rear. Front 2.25" and rear 2". What do i need to buy? Springs, Damper? What? How much freespace to the ground is there, if i go so low?
Can i go so deep with the HFP Lip Kit?

Please give me links to online shops where to buy all the things i need.

Thomas from Germany!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Don't drop it two inches my friend. 1.5" is the max you should be dumpin yo **** son. You need to find a US soldier over there that is willing to use his APO address to get your parts from the US. YOu will Save a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.5" I think isnt enough! But do you know how much freespace is there if i go 1.5" and put the HFP Lip Kit on?

Thanks for the Info with the US Soldier, i will contact all german based us soldiers of the forum.

THANKS!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
anymore than 1.5" and your car is not going to handle dude. And you are going to get all kinds of rubbing.. Don't do it for show please.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... okay, I'll think about it really!

BUT... how much freespace will there be with 1.5" drop and Lip Kit?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Personally, I think 1" is perfect for a drop. Slightly more aggressive, yet you won't be bottoming out in every speed bump. Just my opinion though.

The HFP kit only really lowers the clearance of the car by about a quarter of a inch to half an inch, so you can still lower it.

Best chance for you to get the exact drop you want is to get some coilovers. Check out Buddy Club for their street spec'd coilovers.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I am putting the HFP kit on my car in the morning, I have the 1.3/1.5 Progress spring drop so I will measure it for you and post it up tommorow.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its for the civic fn2, is it also for the civic si (us version) ??? i want more than 30mm drop.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I don't know if it fits, my point is is that there are PLENTY of good companies in Europe to help you out. I personally think you are going WAY too low and need to read some more about suspension design.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chase said:
I am putting the HFP kit on my car in the morning, I have the 1.3/1.5 Progress spring drop so I will measure it for you and post it up tommorow.
Can you pls measure it how much it is?
Or anybody else can measure how much space is between the hfp kit and streetground with a drop.

I mean this here:

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
The FIRST question you should ask yourself is are you looking for performance* or pure looks? (Three part question really)

*Performance for street or track.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Highrev1 said:
I don't know if it fits, my point is is that there are PLENTY of good companies in Europe to help you out. I personally think you are going WAY too low and need to read some more about suspension design.
:yeahthat:

Exacty where I was looking to head in his response to my previous post.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im looking for pure looks and bit performance for street! NEVER TRACK!!!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
And who cares about ground clearance?! There will be plenty, even with a 1.5" drop all around. Let's just leave it at that!

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
CivicSi907 said:
Im looking for pure looks and bit performance for street! NEVER TRACK!!!!!!!
Keep in mind lowering a car does not always automatically equal better handling than stock. :thumb:

If for looks will be personal preference on what kit you want and how much you want to spend.

Performance minded, HFP kit, designed for the specific application by the company that made the car. Yes it only drops it approx .75" - 1", but I would bet it performs better on a track then just putting a spring set-up on the stock shocks/ struts that lowers 2"+

Lowering the car too much may lower CG too much
These cars are designed and engineered for the street, lowering too much will give less shock/ strut travel.
Lowering too much may have negative effects on suspension geometry and handling.

Just a few things for you to keep in mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts