8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every car that I have owned ive had hid's in. 99 civic-6000k, 06 scion xb-10000k, s2000-factory hid, 07 tundra-8000k and 3000k in the fogs. Besides the s2000 every one of the kits has been a mcculloch. They are more expensive, but since I never had problems with any of them, I continue to get those kits. I recently got a 5000k kit for my 08 si, but I'm not happy with them. They look too much like stock and I would say they even have some yellow in them......Well one of them. One of the bulbs is significantly more blue than the other. So anyway I'm sending them back and having them exchanged for either 6000k or 8000k. I CANT DECIDE! It seems like the housings on these civics are too small and dont really have the light output as some of the other cars Ive had, so that is what is making it tough for me. SO heres the deal. I have to get these things out in the mail so I am going to go take the current bulbs out. Hopefully I can get some replies so I can make a decision because I have to put a note with sending them back saying what I want.

I know this is all personal preference, so here is the look I have/ am going for. Its a rallye red si coupe with blacked out windows and tails, it will be receiving some black tenzo r type m wheels with a red ring around them. I want the headlights to stand out on the road, but I also want a headlight that lights up the road well. I have searched as much as I can and have seen tons of pics, but I havent really seen side by side pics of 6000 next to 8000 on a 8th gen civic.

Anyway Im going to go remove the bulbs. Please hurry I need opinions because I cant freaking figure out what I want!:popcorn:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok im going to take them out now. I cant buy from another company as these were a gift and xenonking.com is just exchanging them for me. So they will be mcculloch and they will be from xenonking, its just a matter of 6000k vs 8000k. 10000 wont be the look im going for on the car, and the 5000k has too much yellow doesnt stand out on the road enough and to me looks a little factory

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
well from what ive read 4300k has the most actual light output and its white with a very slight hint of halogen yellow, 6000k is a crisp white and 8000k has a blue hue in it.

now, i ordered a vvme kit and they goofed and sent me a 6000k bulb and a 4300k bulb and i can barely tell a difference. if i were to pick, id buy a 2nd 6000k bulb because i like the look more. im just too lazy to take off my tire and wheel well again :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more more more! im taking a break between bulbs. Does anyone actually have a pic of 2 civics side by side one with 6 and one with 8k? Id like to see a pic facing the car, and one the other way to see how it looks on the road!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok the old bulbs are out. Still not sure on new bulbs and I have to get these mailed out. I honestly thought id get at least a couple more peoples opinions or maybe some side by side pics of civics. Anyone? HELP!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got them as a gift for my birthday from my gf. I got them at the beginning of november, but I just put them in. They are 5000k. The bulbs are 2 different colors one is white with maybe a tiny bit of blue and one is white with a tiny bit of yellow. Because they are 2 different colors they are letting me exchange them, and since I dont like they way they look now in either bulb, I am going with 6000 or 8000k to replace them. I have to send back the 5000k first before they will send the replacements.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Girls show you their tits for 8000k? WOW im getting those for sure! jp. I dont really care about people flashing me because then i just flash the brights and they feel retarded. Is there a big difference between 6000 and 8000 as far as how much they light up the road? Honestly im not that stupid with the whole hid color temperature thing. Like i said at the beginning ive had them all. My biggest complaint/whats confusing me is the housing for the headlights on 8th gen civics. Its so small and really limits what the hids can do. I mean I had a tundra (huge chrome housing) and they looked insane! I had 8000k in that but it still lit up the road very well because of the size of the housing. I dont even think these 5000k light up the road all that great in the 8th gen civic. Its a very messy light pattern on the road. Im staring to lean towards the 6000....I guess.... FAWKKKKKKKKKK

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is the worst....I have missed the mail, and I still cant decide....Im on page 12 of 25 and the only thing this has done is make me consider the 10000k as well! so now its 6000k 8000k or 10000k and im more lost than ever!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.