8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have been on here for over a year and finally have my car where i want it. well i thought so. I have....

Hondata Reflash
DCRH
Tanabe Catback
AEM CAI
P2R spacer and 2 gaskets
Hondata IMG
Ingalls TQ dampner
Tein S Techs
Tinted windows.

I want to do more performance because i think the car is slow again. I guess that i am used to the power now but need help. What performance part do i need to get next.

now i dont want to replace existing aftermarket parts i.e. different header/ exhaust. i like the way my car is now i just want new parts.

i dont want f/i yet because.......well im poor.
i dont want to crack the motor open yet because of the warranty.
i dont want n2o because i am scared and i will have to keep buying more nitrous.

i want to just put a part on.

i heard somewhere that ur pullys are kinda useless, and you cant use them when you go boosted. i will have a supercharger on within the next 2 years but am anxious to buy new parts.

i need some advice. it seems like i am finished with just basic bolt ons and that makes me sad.:xyxnervou

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
who sells the ported itake manifold. i dont want to replace the cams because it will void my warrenty even more that what i have already done. tsx throttle body? please explain some more. its drive by wire?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhhhhh. someone? i have to tell my wife and parents what to get me for christmas so i need to get some thoughts together.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
help........

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
...it'll never end... mwah ha ha ha ha ha haaaa...

You will feel slow again even after tuning is available and you have cams...

My stage 4 WRX felt slow after a week... it just doesn't stop...

Not much help, but I felt it needed to be said.

:cough: TSX cams :cough:

·
Registered
850 Posts
^ reality!!!!!

Ok, I can't see how your really going to make any real horsepower Glxy without the cams and some sort of fuel management system. Just adding the ported intake and the DBW throttlebody alone really won't do to much. They would be great additions with the cams though. This is the same problem I'm having right now and I think I'm just going to add the cams w/ the greddy
e-management. Then the Skunk2 composite intake manifold comming out in feb. hopefully! www.skunk2.com/engine/intakes.php
and the fuel rail.
www.skunk2.com/Engine/index2.php?prodId=frcomp&cat_id=FUEL
I know it doesn't say it here but I have spoke with them and they are making one for the K series to be released about the same time frame.
:vtec: :thumb:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i know but i wanna mod to do to help a lil but. i guess a throttle body and pnp im are next. guess i gotta start looking. anyone know where i can find these at?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
the ported intake manifold and the TSX throttle body is about all you can do mechanically.
you could also try upgrading to some lightweight wheels. loosing 4lbs+ at each corner of the car can make a major performance difference.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok that is what i have wondered lately. can we fit 17x8's on there. i want wider tires as well. but then if i am going to be buying rims for like 2g's then i should just wait and save for a supercharger.

should i just go to honda for the tsx throttle body and will it make that much of a difference. i am anxious for skunk 2 to get an pnp intake manifold. does anyone else sell them.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^search clubrsx for wheels. just about anyhting they have will fit our car, and they sell wheels for dirt cheap sometimes.. and yes, 17x8 will fit, just make sure the offest it acceptable.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
just make sure the offest it acceptable.
unfortunatly i dont know rims that well. what does that mean. i am also lowered on tein s techs.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lowered on stechs....
i would stick with a 17 or a 18" rim. nothing wider than 8".
try and find an offest between 45-35.
just a few of the latest links i can find that look good (all high end wheels);
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=522121
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=517657
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=519639

of you could always go with rotas and such. just becuase they dont have the name, they are still good and are much lighter. i have rota SDX's and they are 16.5 lbs (3.5-4lbs lighter than stock). to me it want worth the extra $600+ to get a lightweight forged whell for the 1lb weight difference.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
lowered on stechs....
bet.

i will only go with 17's. dont 18's make the car slower anyways?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
lowered on stechs....
just a few of the latest links i can find that look good (all high end wheels);
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=522121
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=517657
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=519639

of you could always go with rotas and such. just becuase they dont have the name, they are still good and are much lighter. i have rota SDX's and they are 16.5 lbs (3.5-4lbs lighter than stock). to me it want worth the extra $600+ to get a lightweight forged whell for the 1lb weight difference.
I think 16.5 is more like 6-7 lbs lighter than stock as I've read stock are 23-24... maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just got two new tires and talked with the guys there. they are big autoxers and reccomend that i get like a motegi traclite. its 15 lbs.

here they are. they are flat black which i like.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
AJP has the ported im. They don't do it themselves, they have someone else do it if it makes you feel better.
I would do the cams like everyone suggested.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts